Good deed for the day

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When my kids whine or complain, I tell them they have to tell me three good things in return.

Maybe we all whine and complain too much. Now it's our turn to list some good things so we are reminded about the good things in life.

I'll start.

Last week, when I had to wait for the repairmen, an acquaintance drove my child to homeschool co-op and back. It took that woman a few miles out of her way and I really appreciate that she did that for me.

Now you try :)

Inchworm

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
1. My kids are home for the week from school!
2. Their friends and our family have been staying here or visiting every single day :)
3. The nighttime skies have been amazing--about 1000 variations of blue, high, fast clouds, tinges of color along the horizons, geese, ducks, cranes and even (I think) a great blue heron!

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can see.
I can walk.
I can use both hands.
I can hear.
I can read.
I can speak.
I can smell the freshness of spring in the air.
I can enjoy good things to eat.
I can be aware of the world around me.
I can remember some things.

andehens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I had a GIANT oak tree go down Tuesday, my husband drives truck over the road, a man and his wife that we are not real close with came and helped me clean up the horrible mess!!

I have gas in my car.
Food in my freezer.

My vegtable garden is started!
My Flowers are amazingly beautiful!

I went and bought my daughters horse feed yesterday just to be nice.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yesterday as I was leaving the grocery store, a big blast of wind blew a cart out of the coral. It was headed for this van. It wasn't some regular cart either, it was one with the kiddie car built in to it so it was nice and heavy. I was carry my groceries in my hands, but I still ran after the darn thing and caught it right before it smashed in to the van.

Did I mention I am 45 and the world's worst runner? LOL

I am paying for it today (sore knee) but I am still glad I did it :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I sent a box of incontinence supplies (home-sewn cloth, re-usable) to a friend on Monday, she got it Wed and was thrilled. Once she tries out the various proto-types, she will either choose what she likes and I will make more, or she will tell me how to adjust her favorites to make them perfect, and I will send more prototypes. Then she will be supplied with plenty and not have to buy anymore on a fixed income.

She says they are amazingly comfortable, too, so different from the store-bought ones.

I give my milking goat 4-5 carrots every day to thank her for the milk. She really lets her milk down noticeably when she get to that first carrot piece in her feed each time, so she thanks me back!

I am planting a tea garden for my mom and another friend, and am watching the wild raspberries closely now to gather some for tea for them, too.

Thanks for this thread, it makes me aware of doing good deeds for others. And being thankful for those done for me. :frow

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Ds#1 calls @ 6:50pm yeserday(just as we are finishing supper) & says he needs help as the axle from his boat trailer is coming off & he is at the lake getting ready to come home(2 1/2 hrs away). So dh hooks up his trailer & loads up the chains & straps & leaves about 7:30pm, got home after 12:30am & was back up again @4am to go to work.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
There is a 92 yr. old lady that sews small quilts for sick people....all very simple, the tiniest stitches in the world, precision spacing and lines, beautiful combination of materials. The local VA hospital used to take them from her but told her they didn't want them anymore!!! :th

We(hospice) found out about her from one of our patients and went to meet her. She is pretty wealthy and won't take any money for them, neither will she make quilts upon request for anyone who wants them.....only for sick people and only if she can give them away.

I love this life I live, I love my kids, I love my home, I love this world that God created and I love that He sent His Son to die for my sins......

...and I love little old ladies that give unto others until the very end! :love