Good duck recipes? :)

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Seeing how I am going to process soem of te Evil out of the world, I think I should ask for a nice duck recipe, I am processing two Large ducks. Anything good :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Aww, hasn't anyone cooked duck before? Sorry, Ticks, I haven't either. Just trying to get this thread noticed again while it is raining in some places!

Have you tried byc for this one?

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Eat......., DUCK? Cute little duckies? Eat them? :th LOL!
I'll bet they'd be real good with a marinade of ginger ale and orange juice, then put them in a cooking bag and glaze 'em with some orange marmalade and a little brown sugar.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Aww, hasn't anyone cooked duck before? Sorry, Ticks, I haven't either. Just trying to get this thread noticed again while it is raining in some places!

Have you tried byc for this one?
BYC, no. I feel like This will actually be looked at, more than being bumped off the first page i nthe first hour :/

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
ticks--I just signed on , and I can't stay long. I do have some recipes for wild duck that I can post tomorrow afternoon.

When are you processing, and how are you going to do it? Pluck or skin it. Let me know and I can get you some recipes.

Just so you know--I am not a big fan of duck, but the only way I have ever had it that I enjoyed, was akin to beercan duck on the barbecue. (it obviously had the skin on)
I'll get you some recipes tomorrow.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
ticks--I just signed on , and I can't stay long. I do have some recipes for wild duck that I can post tomorrow afternoon.

When are you processing, and how are you going to do it? Pluck or skin it. Let me know and I can get you some recipes.

Just so you know--I am not a big fan of duck, but the only way I have ever had it that I enjoyed, was akin to beercan duck on the barbecue. (it obviously had the skin on)
I'll get you some recipes tomorrow.
Thanks, I am pretty sure we are doing it tomorrow, weather depending. I don't know if we are plucking it or skinning it. most likely skinning.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Isn't the fat in the skin the best part of the duck?

breconbcs

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've only ever cooked duck once. The processor I get my dogs' duck from (yes they eat better than us! LOL) gave me one. Told me to treat it like a chicken. So I threw it in a roast pan, stuffed it with a rosemary sage stuffing, buttered the skin and cooked it. The one thing I did like about it, the fat is just under the skin, it wasn't throughout the meat. So in the final hour or 1/2 hour of cooking I took a fork and "forked" the skin so the fat could drip out and over. It was pretty good, though not much there for 4 of us. We told the kids the next day that it wasn't chicken when they complained about having chicken for dinner again..lol. Since then, they always ask what exactly is for dinner, if I say meat loaf they ask what meat I used. Their just to smart..lol.