Good inexpensive device - Work Light

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here's another fairly cheap but very useful little device. This particular model has 28 LEDs and is very bright for its size and weight. I've found it useful in a lot of situations.

I've had mine for only a month or so, so I can't say from experience yet, but the batteries are supposed to last for about 10 hours in this. That's one of the virtues of LEDs.
4407_camelian_28_led.jpg

This model has both floodlight and flashlight functions. It has a magnet on the back so you can attach it to any handy steel surface. Also has a little hook so you can hang it in various situations. Or you can lay it on the ground or floor, with light shining upward. I find it replaces a common 120-volt plug-in drop light in many situations mechanics must deal with. I used it the other day to illuminate a mower deck that I was removing and dismantling from a lawn tractor. Much easier to move it around than a drop light, doesn't get hot to the touch, and no cord to fuss with.

Amazon sells these for $7.58. That's cheap. But I thought I"d mention that just a couple weeks back I saw a similar one (different make) for sale at a local franchise hardware store for about $4.50 - though, who knows? the quality of the LEDs or the durability of the cheaper unit may not be comparable.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's about four inches high, by about two and a half inches wide, and uses three AAA cells. Those batteries are common, and usually sold pretty cheap.

txcanoegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That's good to know because that's a size battery we use for other things in our camp box. Makes it even more convenient! thanks

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have one of those I bought in Harbor Freight on my fridge. It makes it easy to find a flashlight if the power goes out.