Gorgeous, Deliverable, Inexpensive Small Custom Homes

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love little buildings of any kind.

I reserached those park model cabins. very reasonable and have everything built right in and they deliver in tact.
Thought about putting one out at the end of the old homestead road in the woods a while ago..but we never did it.
those park models are so nice. I think they make a great little home for someone.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would love something like that after the kids are all grown and moved out. Wouldn't take much to heat. Or clean!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Holy cow! I thought my kitchen was tiny! It would just kill me to have no counter space!

Otherwise they are all quite cute!!!!!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love the "living small" concept. Live on a sailboat, tiny house,tree house, camper, stuff like that. I had one place, right when I left the ex....3 rooms, and a dinky bathroom. You had to walk through the one bedroom to get to the kitchen. I loved it. There is such a thing, as too much space.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dh and I and 3 kids lived in a 27 ft camper for nearly 2 years after the tornado and we loved it. It was homey and comfortable, but a little crowded at times and it could be difficult to cook big meals in. I could see how a tiny house would be the same way.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I do like the concept of small, because frankly, if you have the space you WILL fill it! LOL
But I don't think I could do that small.... our trailer is small as it is right now!
But I also dream of being able to do things on my property and would like a couple of extra bedrooms so that people could come stay with us and do different things.
Who knows, someday.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Right now....we are square foot rich.....and bathroom poor. This property was advertised as having "3125 sq ft"...living space. 2 bathrooms.....woodshop, store building, tin shed, a trailer/rv spot, hot house.
Now, of the 2 bathrooms...only one is usable. So, we have an acre, buildings, space, but only 1 toileting facility :hit

Oh, none of the house is handicapped accessible either. Nobody in a wheelchair could come inside, let alone use the one toilet. Even if we could get the person inside the house. It is several different levels.

so, we use the master bedroom, the kitchen, and the one bathroom. The rest of the house.....2 more bedrooms, a den, and a bathroom....unusable.

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love the tiny house concept. I lived in a camper trailer for 19 months. I almost didn't want to move in to the house (notice I said almost, I'm not completely crazy). I also had a very tiny studio apartment when I was in my early 20's. I can do small spaces. I actually enjoy figuring out how to best make use of the available space, but the camper trailer was driving DH crazy. He needs room to stretch his legs. I think I could easily do 350 sq ft, but he would not be able to take it. :lol: I keep telling him that when we buy some land if there is no house we are going to buy one of those barn looking sheds from Home Depot and live in that. Makes him cringe! :gig Funny part is I would totally do it at lest temporarily until we could build a house or buy a trailer or modular home. Then it could serve as a guest house after.