Got a big doe....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tony bagged a big doe last night. wow she was healthy. We took it to Fat Mike's for processing. We don't bother anymore cause he is very reasonable charge and he needs the business. Freezer full of meat.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Okay, we still need an emoticon that's running away in terror!

Actually, I did my very first deer processing this morning and survived. I wasn't too freaked out and we're having venison tomorrow night for supper. (it's a little different if you've been around it all your life....and some of us are just soft hearted weenies.) :D

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Good deal Farmer Chick!!!!!! Do you can any of it or just freeze it all?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Marianne

let me know how you cook that deer and tell me if you enjoyed it! :)

was it yummy?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea the tenderloin. too bad a deers whole body isn't tenderloin :lol: gotta say when we eat it all up I just think, darn it!

He went out last night and had about 12 deer coming out from all edges and angles of the treeline. He said he couldn't move an inch cause if they looked up the hill and saw him in the tractor shed his cover would be blown. Plus deer were coming out behind him in the old goat pasture.
He was surrounded.

He is wanting a big buck with a 'crab claw' antler. But his buddy and him were talking and the buddy said someone shot a weird antler big buck. Tony thinks it was crab claw. He is depressed LOL--we have him on camera. He drools over that buck. I think his chances are gone on that big deer.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'll tell you a sad and shameful sight I witnessed today and I'm sure this goes on all over the nation during this season. A relative of mine and his buddies went out and blasted a few does with their guns, didn't even bother to get good and clean kill shots, didn't gut them...just strung them up in the tree by one of their back legs. Then they proceeded to just shag the skin down off the hind quarters and back, removed the tenderloin and hams and threw the rest over the hill. Didn't even bother to check in these deer and never had any intention of doing so.

I'm ashamed of our blood ties, the lack of awareness of the waste of food, the sheer lack of respect for the laws of this country, and the reckless and poor hunting techniques and ethics displayed by the whole incident. :(