Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Maybe consider working a deal to let him graze cattle on your land and work out a trade for a cow/cf pair or something like that. Or something where you could have a "co-mingled herd".... and with his age you could help with the winter time chores more if needed.... There are lots of possibilities here. Great that he is a nice guy .... and :thumbsup on the bush hogging/tractor driving abilities.
When I rake I prefer to go in a counter clockwise rotation... I can judge the distance to the fences better on my right side than my left side..... range of motion in my neck and all that.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe consider working a deal to let him graze cattle on your land and work out a trade for a cow/cf pair or something like that. Or something where you could have a "co-mingled herd".... and with his age you could help with the winter time chores more if needed.... There are lots of possibilities here. Great that he is a nice guy .... and :thumbsup on the bush hogging/tractor driving abilities.
When I rake I prefer to go in a counter clockwise rotation... I can judge the distance to the fences better on my right side than my left side..... range of motion in my neck and all that.
I taught myself something new today. Want to cut a straight line through the pasture? Just aim the top of the exhaust pipe to someone fixed, like a tree that's far away. Sure the tractor bobs and weaves but keep it aimed and you're sure to cut a straight line.

I got to the top of what my wife says "Billy goat hill" and had to call my wife to bring farm truck for.more gas.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe your wonderful wife has been in the "farmer mode" way longer than you. This is a way to help promote your enjoyment of the MAKING of your beer. Bless her for the gentle nudge.

As a woman, she has birthed and nurtured children, supported a family and seen what you have done to keep the $$$ rolling in. Now you can both have the leisure of enjoying your own likes, while sharing with adult children and spoiling the grands. She does the self sufficient lifestyle with ease and the cunning of a fox in the hen house! Give her an extra hug! You have a special and forever love that many do not. What a treasure. :love

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sad to hear there are problems. Hope it all sorts itself out...in a good way for them health wise. There's always more cattle to buy...for both of you.

After a little prayer I just had an good feeling come over me. I'm looking at this from a different perspective now. If Gary needs funds, but promised me cattle. By me not being able to take them, it will increase the money he receives at auction by 4 head. So now I'm feeling like I'm helping him in the long run. I'm feeling much better now...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I went over to talk to Gary to just to say hey. That tree is cut plum down to the ground, split and stacked for firewood. I pulled up in the drive and honk honk, that how country folk do it, it's our door bell.

Gary meets me at the back door he says come-on in man, dang it cold out here. His wife just got done making cookies, so she stuffed both of my hands full of delicious COOKIES. I LOVE COOKIES! Gray said have a seat, so I did and we were sitting by the wood stove. and just talking a while. Then he said do you need something?, I replied nope just come by to say hey that's all, see if you need any help with anything around here.

Then he said the heater could use another log. I said I'll get it. When I stood up, my arm brushed up against my holster and I remembered... crap I'm packing a .357.

I said Gary, I feel pretty bad. He said why's that? Then I said well I got my pistol holstered under my sweatshirt. I wear it so much, I forget it's even there. Then I said is it OK if I carry it in your house? If not, that's OK too - I can go lock it in the safe in my truck. I always like to ask the property owner first. But I just forgot about it being there. He looked at me and smiled, why yes it's ok.

Then he said you know... That was a fine thing you just did asking me permission, it shows me that you have a lot of respect. I said it's just the right thing to do isn't it? He said yes, yes it is but you never know with folks these days.

So I just hung out for a while with Gary, watching a old John Wayne movie on the idiot box. He's one heck of a good neighbor and very wise. I could stand to learn a lot from him that's for sure.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1608847435236.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A friend of mine was out cougar hunting in Wyoming. After hiking for the day and seeing nothing, they turned back to where the truck was parked. They got back to the trail they took out and saw that their tracks from the morning had mountain lion tracks on top of theirs. He said the hair on the back of his neck was standing straight up when he realized that the prey was tracking them, lol.