Grain mills

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a grain mill, one that has a motor and a hand crank since we loose power here every time the wind blows. What do y'all use? Any suggestions?

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you. I've been reading here for awhile but I finally decided to register. Don't know why it took me so long..

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Terri, take a minute to introduce yourself over at the 'where am I' part on the index, k?

and welcome! :frow
Thanks. I'll try to make my way over there. My phone is picky about what it opens and my husband killed my computer with a cup of water.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I go with a handcrank one, I use it for chicken feed sometimes. But I figure in an Emergenecy Situation you wont have electric, right? So I think hand grinder is the best option....

:welcome

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I go with a handcrank one, I use it for chicken feed sometimes. But I figure in an Emergenecy Situation you wont have electric, right? So I think hand grinder is the best option....

:welcome
I agree. That's why I want one with a crank and motor. There are just a lot of them out there and I have no idea which to choose. I want one that is halfway easy to crank.

And thanks for the welcome.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
You can get good bargains on them at flea markets, thats where mine came from.......

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been looking but there isn't a decent flea market around here. I miss Busseys in San Antonio TX.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
terri9630 said:
I've been looking but there isn't a decent flea market around here. I miss Busseys in San Antonio TX.
You will come up on one when the time is right........

Latest posts