12-Stovetop-Percolators_April_1619-1.jpg

Bring your cup of coffee and relax
Just chat about everyday life

IMG_1203.JPG

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Happy Friday! Warm thoughts to you all in snow ❄️ today. Rained all night here.

Brisk and cold here this weekend. Our group is going to the Western Reserve National Cemetery tomorrow morning to participate in laying wreaths on the veteran gravesites. Over 45,000 vets/spouses are buried there.
Two semi tractor trailers full of wreaths, over 20,000 individual wreaths. Huge crowd, took about 3 hours
20221217_101816.jpg
20221217_110004.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of the wife and me getting engaged. I wrote an announcement that sounded like a press release from a financial source touting the pending approved merger of our respective organizations. Included a "statement from an industry analyst" (a good friend of both of us). The whole thing was posted on FB and folks still talk about it. Good times
What the heck...we met in a friends FB group and folks there knew we were a couple before we did. We spent as much time together as we could dating, despite the OH -MS distance.

*For immediate release*
In a public Facebook joint news statement today, the respective management of both <her last name> Industries and <my last name> Management Solutions LLC have announced the pending merger of organizations. Negotiations have been underway for several months, with a verbal agreement being struck late in the day on December 19th, with shareholder approval granted on December 20th. Some details of the agreement have yet to be finalized, but the leadership of both companies are confident the merger can be completed by next month, with a date to be confirmed later this week.
Industry analyst <friend's name>, when interviewed for this news release, provided the following: “Those of us closely following the evolution of the interactions of these two organizations really expected this merger of equals at some point in time, it was really a question of when. There have been a number of joint ventures the past six months that really showcase the impressive synergy created when these two are partnered. Expect bigger and better things from the new combined organization. Today’s announcement will put to rest the wild rumors and speculation that has been rampant the past nine months in industry trade groups.”
When asked about the logistics of combining the two organizations, the response was that for the time being, the <my last name> Management Solutions LLC offices in Ohio will house the new organization as the merger is completed and a new three year strategic plan is finalized and begins to be implemented.
Stock prices of both organizations were up sharply in after hours trading.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have to share!!!

Late afternoon, inside taking a break, looked on CL and see free chickens. A lovely pair of pure crested cream legbars. Family moving. Contemplated the 100 mile round trip, 5 gal gas🤔. But wanted that Blue egg roo! Bit the bullet and went...hey, they sell 35-45 ea around here. Got there and he also says I can have --if I want them- two 50# bags of layer pellets (17.99 ea), two 5 gal waterers (59.99 ea at TSC) and some other feeder stuff!! 😲👍😁😁. Did I want them??? Well, you betcha!

Best deal in a while. :lol: :old :celebrate the chickens are lovely, under two, and pure Greenfire lines. Now I'll collect eggs for a week. Incubate for more pure ones. Then add a couple of my blue egg girls. And they'll have cleared any other roo sperm from system by time first hatch....in time for another batch to incubate, mixed breed but blue eggers. They sell well. Then I'll watch & buy 2 more hens. Back to purebreds.

Strangely, haven't had chickens in this run for about six months, had cleaned out, so ready to roll. Not the norm...must have been meant to be. 😇. Hope her eggs aren't barely tinted.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Thank you!

She said at lunch some of the chest congestion is breaking up with the coughing being productive. She was extremely chatty the whole time. I will take that as an indicator things are starting to improve slightly.
Well, this episode, as I was just informed, was assisted by a cup of coffee, a shot of bourbon, and a spoonful of the orange honey sauce we canned. 😆