Great Idea for Toddler Dresses (PIX)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My friend Jennifer stopped by with some goat milk in exchange for some eggs this morning, bringing her niece Elizabeth along. And the dress Elizabeth was wearing was just too cute.

It can fit her for a very long time, due to the neckline, waist, and sleeves all being adjustable.

About any little girl dress pattern could be made this way. Jennifer thought it was a McCall's pattern. That was improvised to use ribbon where elastic would have gone.
I found a pattern on line that looked to be much like the style of this dress, McCalls Pattern #4547

I now wish I had taken a closer look at the back to see how it was put together. I have a call into Jennifer for her to explain it to me.

Here are some photos of the dress. ELizabeth is not quite 2 1/2, She is such a sweet little girl. And sooooooo polite! "May I Please..." and "Thank you" come without any prompting. Her very presence is a joy to behold! (And yes, it comes with LOTS consistant hard work.)

Here is the front

DrawstringDressFrontemail.jpg

Here is a close up of the bodice
DrawstringDressBodiceemail.jpg

Here is the back
DrawstringDressBackemail.jpg

Here is the sleeve
DrawstringDressSleeveemail.jpg

The skirt has three tucks so it can be let down as she gets taller.

It looks to be a very versatile pattern. Easy to dress up or down depending on what fabrics you care to use. I had never seen this before. And thought maybe I am not the only one that hasn't seen it.

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This just reminds me that I need to start spring sewing:)