Great mosquito bite treatment

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was in to the doctor several weeks ago. She said the powdered viramin c (like Bronsons) is great for treatment of bites as it is an anti-inflammatory. She said make a paste and put it on the bite. I told my girlfriend about it just before her family went on vacation because they have such horrendous reactions to bites. Well, she got back this week and said it did just what the Dr said it would. It even worked on a wasp bite. So, next time you get bit, try some of that vitamn c.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now isn't that interesting. I'll have to write it down, too.

My family always did the ACV thing, or put a dab of toothpaste on the bites. Maybe the toothpaste goo was to keep you from scratching it, I don't know. :lol:

Brooke Kilby

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I have added it to my stockpile of natural cures and will be telling my family:)

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You are very welcome! Now that we have lots of snow on the ground and temps below 0, I'm wishing for mosquito weather. :hide

galanie

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I figured none of those common remedies really worked on my bites so imagine my surprise when regular toothpaste worked perfectly! I'll remember this one too. Thanks!

Eduard9

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
as the subject of this discussion is mosquito bite treatment and if you ask about it so everybody suggest you different treatment. But in order to get relief from the mosquito bite symptoms, a mosquito bite treatment is required. A mosquito bite treatment involves washing the affected areas with soap and water to ensure no infections develop and to help reduce the itch. Applying soap directly to the bite has been suggested as an itch remover. Use a cold compress on the bite site to help alleviate the itch, swelling, and redness. A mosquito bite treatment may also involve some of the procedures listed below.

Making a paste of baking soda and water and spreading it over the bites.
Using calamine lotion or a topical anesthetic to help relieve the itch and pain.
Itching can also be relieved by using a one percent hydrocortisone cream.
Anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen will help with the swelling and pain.
The use of antihistamines is also a useful mosquito bite treatment because they will alleviate the itch and swelling.
Aloe vera gel is an effective all natural mosquito bite treatment. This compound reduces swelling and itching and soothes the affected area.
A mosquito bite treatment is also available in the form of commercial products specifically designed for this purpose.
Not scratching the mosquito bite area is an effective mosquito bite treatment. Scratching prolongs the swelling, itch, and discomfort, and can open the skin and cause an infection. If your mosquito bite becomes red and swollen and if the area around the bite feels warm to the touch, the bite may be infected. If this condition persists and does not respond to a standard mosquito bite treatment, then consult a physician.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A paste of powdered vitamin C

easy and good to know,-- when I camp, sometimes we get nailed at the state parks with skeeters.

thanks

Latest posts