green tea uses

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been coming across a lot about green tea and its many uses besides drinking it. I can't remember where I've found these little nuggets of info. Here's a ocuple things I thought I'd seen and am hoping someone on here can help enlighten me.

- On hair

- On skin / in the tub

- In oils

- Mixed with vinegar

I'm especially interested in dropping a bag into a hot bath :D
I don't particularly like the taste of the tea but will drink it with my acv/honey/cinnamon 'tea'.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
It's Extremely high in antioxidants, so they use it in health products normally and beauty products sometimes. Wont hurt anything- and might help.

It has some sunscreen properties, so it has been used that way and *might* also help hair color not get sun-faded. Not really sure if it would work for that, - but it wont hurt anything.

Not sure what the were using it for in the oils. Cooking oils or ???

I've never heard of anybody being allergic to it, so it seems fine to drop a bag or two into the tub. Never use anything in the tub that you can't safely eat. Skin pores can take lots of stuff in- especially when they are more open from a warm bath.

John_henry

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Green tea is super popular out here in Japan as you can imagine. I've only ever seen it as food stuffs if not as a drink. I love macha marshmallows!