Greener Pastures...

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I know this last couple of weeks has been hard on the board, and every place is going to have it's ups and it's downs...people coming...people going. And alot of our good friends have left for what they figure may be greener pastures... :hit but you know what...

The ground here is ready to be retilled and the seeds are ready to be planted for new growth, new friendships, and a wonderful future for this SS community. :old And many of us are still here! :weee

Love ya'll...:love ...and I, for one, am quite happy to be here, and I am NOT planning on leaving! :hugs

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:thumbsup I'm staying! Life's too short for hate and discontent. I have said all along, there's still good people here! And more good people joining!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I know I haven't had much to post about in the last year, with the move to town, and then back to the country again :D This summer was full of house renos, not SS projects, but in the spring I will be up and at her again with pictures of what we are doing, gardens underway, and a new henhouse.
I am also in the middle of planning my own little bussiness out here...a little country quilt shop and fabri store. Most of the others here have closed down, but I figure if I run one from home, and expand as is grows, then it won't matter if i don't make ends meet for a while in this economy...because I will have no overhead really. My husband is giving me a 10x24 foot peice of his garage to start...and I can build out from there later if I want to.

For this winter I am just staying inside and sewing :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow Morel a quilt shop good for you, Congratulations. :ya :clap

In regards to the other stuff.....:hide I deleted my journal because it felt weird not having anyone I knew around to read it.
But its good to her you are doing well.

;)

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I am also in the middle of planning my own little bussiness out here...a little country quilt shop and fabri store. Most of the others here have closed down, but I figure if I run one from home, and expand as is grows, then it won't matter if i don't make ends meet for a while in this economy...because I will have no overhead really. My husband is giving me a 10x24 foot peice of his garage to start...and I can build out from there later if I want to.
that's so exciting, congratulations! :) have you ever considered setting up an online store as well? that's what i do, i use etsy.com as my main storefront. that way i have no overhead, don't have to man a physical shop, and reach a much wider customer base. i wish you well with your business!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Greener pastures? Everywhere I went was just brown grass or mud :/ :lol:

The quilt shop sounds interesting morel :D

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A quilt shop sounds awesome :thumbsup I read alot, but rarely post. I missed whatever happened, but there are folks missing that I wish were still here.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bout time, Morel! :D Imagine what you could teach...and sell! I'm sticking around too....been here too long to change now. :old It would help if we got back to basics and started to revive and refresh old topics that could prove relevant to the newer members and try to sticky a few, ya think? New sections to the forum would be a neat way to start fresh too...hint, hint! :D