Greetings

Euphoric Mania

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am Euphoric Mania.

I live in Australia, where I concentrate on turning my small urban yard into an edible paradise garden. I spend my time creating, rearranging and building planter "boxes", raised beds and various other containers for the growing of food and flowers. The house has about 30 sq meters to work with, so to expand, I rent three plots at the community garden, which gives me another 45 sq m (approximately).

I keep a few hens for eggs at a friends house, in a cooperative chicken project (she has the bigger block, and the space for a coop). I've currently got 6 hens (we lost Molly not too far back, poor old girl.) I have two pure silkies (white and buff orange), a silkie cross, an australorp cross, a sussex cross, and what we think might be a buff orpington cross.

I am pretty much self taught, and spend a lot of time reading online, learning new things. I have much I want to do. :)

Last edited:

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I also have silkies of those color varieties, but my buff rooster is probably about to have an accident. I really only wanted them for help with incubation anyways.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you have to go over to your friend's house every day to feed/water the chickens, or does your friend help with that? I don't know how @Denim Deb does it- it would drive me crazy to do that. I like being able to keep an eye on everything throughout the day.

Euphoric Mania

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Britesea, she helps to feed and water them, and puts them away at night, and i buy feed, medication, lice powder, and other equipment. We split the eggs between us and sell the odd dozen we can't consume (but that's rare, as I go through many eggs just on my own.)

I hope one day to have my own block of land where I can have all my projects together in one place.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from northeast Texas. We are glad to have you here and hope you post lots of pictures! We love pictures! Would love to see pictures of your garden and chickens.