Has anyone ever ordered from Shelf reliance Thrive Foods?

CountryKat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I just want to know how anyones experience has been with this company?

CK

Candy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My neighbor is doing the Thrive thing... she showed me her stash a few days ago. Im not too impressed and I prefer using buckets that I buy on sale or fill myself.
I think its kind of expensive... she puts $150 in it a month and I could easily double what she gets for the same cost. She seems to get a pretty good selection of dried fruits... but i say purchase a flat of fruit and dry it yourself then vaccuum seal it. When I do that I use part of the fruit and can it and sell it... that pays for everything.

But if you haven't the time and have the money i think the products are probably pretty good.

CountryKat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks Candy I really appreciate the info. I did do a small test order to try them out. I just placed the order so I wont know until I get it. When it gets here I will share my experience if anyone is interested. I hope it is o.k. to share this in here.

I like your ideas though. Please keep them coming. I have learned alot over the years but I am only at the tip of the iceburg. I love any advice.

CK

CountryKat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
;) Thanks Dawn. I have managed to teach myself a bit from others and doing my own research but I still have so much to learn. I wish I would of started so long ago.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's an interesting concept. I've never heard of Shelf Reliance but they seem to be pretty good at what they do. The Later Day Saints are very (probably the best) at prepping. We do all of our own food preservation but for folks who cant or don't, it may be a good alternative.

Candy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
If you want to get started just find a source for foods that are already in buckets. I bought quite a bit from emergency essentials but at that time I lived in a city where they had a store front. Most larger cities have such types of stores.

Start with a bucket of rice and a bucket of beans... red beans are my favorite for versitilty... about 45 pounds each.
100 dollars spent on this will get you much further that a $150 box of whatever from Thrive.