Has anyonw else stocked up on.........................................

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the Ramen Noodles that are 10 for $1.00 from Food Lion. I have about 10 cases now. People in the store looked at me like I was crazy. I thought to myself "how can I fix a meal for $0.10.

I told the cashier that I added veggies int hem, chicken, beef, you can add taco seasoning and salsa. There are so many ways to use this little cheap meal.

I might even go and get more for some families that might need some food later.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i love ramen noodles, my favorite way to eat them sounds gross but its good at least to me, cook'em up drain most of the liquid, add flavor pack usually shrimp, add a can of drained tuna and a little Parmesan cheese, good stuff :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Poor man's pasta! Yep, they are a regular cart feature for our house, though I think they are quite a bad source of dietary nutrients. Too many carbs, too much MSG and all. But...the youngest garbage disposal can be fended off the rest of the food with ramens...so, I don't mind using them in a pinch. They ARE cheap and we've been down to just eating them a time or two or three in our desparate lives.

Firem3, I think that sounds yummy! We put tuna in our mac and cheese when we used to eat it.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Mmmm, ramen; quick and easy but . . .

Very high in sodium, low in nutrients. This can be tempered with addition of meat and veggies. I really like adding egg and cheese or cutup leftover meat.

The thin cellophane wrapper is fragile and dermestid beetles can infest ramen very quickly if the ramen isn't stored properly.

At 10 cents a pack, what a great meal base.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hate ramen noodles. just never acquired a taste for them ever and we never buy them. this isn't something I would stock for us.

I honestly can't handle foods loaded with chemcials anymore. I rarely buy boxed stuff of any kind---don't get me wrong, we do eat some stuff cause Tony wants it, well, he and Nicole might eat it ...I sure don't..LOL

Hamburger Helper---ICK---but I make it for the family cause they love some of it.......

but to each his own on taste. definitely a great price if you like the product!!!!

OH Edited to say---MIL bought Dora Spaghetti-Os for Nicole to try. I ate TONS of spaghetti-os as a kid and loved them. I tried a taste tonight and honestly, it tasted so fake and full of chemical who knows what....needless to say I opened that can for her cause she saw Dora....1 bite and not another...into the garbage it went. But to think I loved those suckers..LOL

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ahhh, good old Ramen Noodles. There are so many ways to adapt it to a good meal.
Add mixed veggies and left over chicken. Makes a BIG pot of a good soup on a cold day.

Add rice...and sausage.(kilbasa sp?) Another crowd pleaser here when the kids were home. Just break the noodles before cooking.

Cook the noodles, drain most of the water...and add flavor pack..make some stir fry veggies with your choice of meat...and add white rice on the side. Leftover meats work great with this meal, you can have a great meal on the table in under 15 minutes.
Be creative...its a cheap additive to most any meal.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Don't use the flavor packet and you eliminate most of the junk. Put your own flavors in (as others have mentioned). It's a cheap base to a meal.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
If you're not using the flavor packet, then for about the same price, you can get packages of rice noodles or highly-processed thin wheat noodles that require similar next-to-no cooking and have much better taste and texture.

Just a thought,

Pat

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I have only ever really made an asian salad with them.
I love the salad, you don't cook the noodles, but as far as eating it like plain soup, only once in a blue moon.
It makes me incredibly thirsty for hours afterwards, which is all the salt in it.
I wonder how much money you save as a meal base though. Everything else that goes into it is so expensive. Meat and veggies. Maybe if you throw leftovers in it or something.
Still if you were starving, its a cheap way to eat.

Latest posts