He was hunting in the swamp.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
29708_owl_004.jpg

29708_owl_003.jpg

Maybe I won't have a rodent problem in the garden now.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Wow! How cool! I can't remember the last time I saw an owl. I remember how fun it was to pick apart their pellets as a kid and see all the bones.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
very cool pic

he was given ya the eye in that second pic :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have one that sits on my roof at night. I have heard him but not seen him. That is a great picture.

g

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
We have owls here, but have never seen one just sitting there, staring at us! They are always flying away in a hurry.

Great Shot!

I'm curious if they get chickens, too. Aren't they out just at night? They seem a little small for chicken to be their prey, but I wonder if anyone on here has experience with that?

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
He was bold too. I was literally 5 feet from him. He was more interested in the rustle of the swamp grass.

And I did quickly go put the little hens in. He can eat mice and other rodents but don't mess with MY animals.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I know I had been outside walking the dog one night, and I could hear 4 different owls. I know they're around here, but I've only ever seen 1 here 1 time. One time, I went horseback riding w/some friends, and we had a great horned owl fly in front of us.

Several years ago, I went to a local bird sanctuary. There was a snowy owl there! I was shocked since they don't normally fly this far south.