Hello, everyone!

eastTNchick

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey there! I've been a member at BYC for a while, and I thought that I would come over here and check it out!

I am a 32-YO wife and mother of 3 (DD13, DD10, & DS6). Last fall, we bought the home that my DH grew up in, and now have 23 acres (mostly wooded) with a barn, storage building, & shop (for DH).

I am a self-employed medical transcriptionist, but I keep hoping that some day I can be just a SAHM. I love cooking, gardening, reading, & crocheting. But, what I love most is spending time with my family.

We love being self sufficient, and we are striving to be as self sufficient as possible. We are in the process of renovating a lot of the buildings here on the property (house included), and we plan on rebuilding fences so we can have a few head of cattle to raise for slaughter, as well as a milk cow. I have 39 chickens at the moment - 19 of which will be going into the freezer in the next few weeks. I also love to hang my clothes out to dry. Nothing smells better than sun dried clothes!

I had a good size garden this year, but due to lots of unforseen circumstances, I only got corn and green beans planted this year. I have gone and picked tomatoes ($5/5-gallon bucket), and I've bought apples and sweet potatoes to can. We do have an apple tree, but I've not had the time to deal with all the tiny apples that it has produced this year (most not bigger than a golf ball). I have been canning pears from the pear tree, though. We do plan to plant some of our own fruit trees in the next year or so.

Well, that about sums up me and my family. Thanks for letting me share!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Welcome to the group! There are a lot of great people here, and I would suspect that most are BYC members also.:D

It sounds like you have a really nice place and that it has a lot of potential.

Again, welcome!

Mark

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
WElcome, it sounds like a great place. Take it slow on adding more things to do so you don't get overwhelmed. Your pears sound delicous.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Hey eastTNchick,

I'm in East Tenn, too. In Athens, actually. I'm also at BYC (same user id) Glad you wondered over here!!:weee

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
welcome
pop in and post...great ideas here and nice fun people!!

Latest posts