Hello from Michigan

DimondaleBergs

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum. I found my way here from Backyard Chickens :) My husband and I live in a small town in Michigan. While we don't have a large piece of property at the moment, we would love to have one some day.
For the time being, we use what we have to do what we can for ourselves :) We have a good sized garden area that is split into a couple of different sections for ease of tending :) I will post pictures as soon as I can upload them to the computer.
We are new to doing a lot of the things to make our live self-sufficient, but very eager to learn all that we can!
I'm looking forward to learning lots, and hopefully contributing some, from everyone here!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is GREAT! You can do a lot with just a little land ;). You will learn a great deal here. :welcome

eatwhatyougrow

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
Hello michigan or should i say the frozen north. Were in mid west michigan. Hope to get our land this year looking for 10-20 acre to start. Looking to do chixks sheep cows and rabbits. Along woth some aquaponics gardens in grenhouses

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hello michigan or should i say the frozen north. Were in mid west michigan. Hope to get our land this year looking for 10-20 acre to start. Looking to do chixks sheep cows and rabbits. Along woth some aquaponics gardens in grenhouses
Looks like this is your first message, so welcome to you, too! :frow Why don't you start another thread and tell us a bit about yourself, or goals, or dreams..

DimondaleBergs

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello eatwhatyougrow,
We have started our property search as well. We are hoping for 10+ acres :) We are in South Central Michigan. Just south of Lansing.
It sounds like we have a lot of the same goals!
Good luck on your search, and looking forward to hearing your progress :)
Stephanie

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hello eatwhatyougrow,
We have started our property search as well. We are hoping for 10+ acres :) We are in South Central Michigan. Just south of Lansing.
It sounds like we have a lot of the same goals!
Good luck on your search, and looking forward to hearing your progress :)
Stephanie
More from Michigan! Welcome, DimondaleBergs!