Hello I found this site looking for a recipe for Sauce and Roaster Oven

GettysburgGarden

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I came by and found this website looking for a recipe for Roaster Oven tomato sauce/ Spaghetti Sauce. We picked up some "canners" today and decided to do a large batch. Looks like an interesting site and I saw the black garlic and was like wow.. Just interesting vibe.. We do prep and of course are on the grid, we have a garden, dry-canning, pickling, and tomato sauce homemade is so much better than what is from the store. I reload and enjoy getting to the range, have hunted extensively in the past but don't have the time now. Will not pass up a legal deer or a feral hog. But leave the other critters alone as there is just easier meat to be had. That's about it.. But finding someone else doing a large Oster Roaster Oven of tomatoes seemed like a good idea before making the leap. We did 1/2 bushel and could fit a full one, As tomatoes are on I can get the "canners" at a very reasonable price and support a local farmer. I might head back for a bushell next weekend.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome! How did your sauce turn out? Hope you hang around there's a lot of good folks here who love to share ideas!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Glad you found and joined us! How did your sauce turn out? We have a few canning ladies (and gents) here and love to share tips, recipes, new ideas etc. Hope you'll stick around and join us :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Gettysburg? I was just in that area two weeks ago! Welcome to the group!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Welcome from northern neck area of Virginia. Never thought about doing sauce in a roaster! I'm guessing it worked well?

Latest posts