Help me figure out what this injury is

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
History: over the past six or seven years trouble has been bitten by no less than seven snakes.
I don’t know what these injuries are, but she is limping badly although she is getting around.
Also, a few days ago, we lost a small dog who was known to dash away if given a chance. She was found dead on the highway by our neighbor after I had driven around. All 3 dogs had been let out to potty and Trouble and Luna returned without Missy, but I didn’t worry because she knew how to let herself in and I figured she would return when she was tired. I didn’t at first notice Trouble was hurt until the next day.
The next day when I was looking for Missy, DH noticed Trouble was injured. He isn’t sure if it’s a snake bite or wounds from a BB or pellet gun. So we have one dead dog and one injured dog so Luna doesn’t appreciate me tying her up to go potty but she scares people and I don’t think our dogs are safe. It’s kinda cold for snakes but you never know.
We buried Missy in the Orchard and we treating Trouble like the geriatric dog she is.
Anyone here with extensive knowledge of animal husbandry or veterinary training?

Attachments

• 670DDDF6-1176-49DF-B723-AC0B0252DF96.jpeg
    670DDDF6-1176-49DF-B723-AC0B0252DF96.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 59

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
are there any alligators there? that is all i can think of... no help... :( sorry doggie is being injured.
Oh yeah!! Plenty. I just can’t see the injury looking quite like that. Also…just like snakes, gators kinda slow down in winter.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'd think snake, except that 3rd spot. BB/air gun...is where I'd be looking. Is it broken skin? Anything in puncture? Dr it up and cuss. I'm thinking human induced.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have to keep one dog tied when outside but Trouble can’t go far as it stands. We been treating it topically. Tell you the truth I think she is badly bruised and might be limping around for a while. I’m starting to think maybe a warm compress might feel good.
DH told me he saw little holes on the small dog that died and he thought maybe she was shot and just put on the road afterwards. I didn’t think so at first until it became obvious that something happened to Trouble. I still don’t want to point fingers but I think I will lean toward caution.