Help! What should I eat?

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had my gall bladder out a few weeks ago and now if I eat anything with fat in it, I get sick. What do I do?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Did the doctor not give you a diet to go by?

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No. I asked and he said just don't eat greasy food. That was it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Then I am assuming lots of veggies and fruit, and leaner meats.

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sadness! Fat = flavor.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
chickenone said:
Sadness! Fat = flavor.
Best I remember when my cousin in law had hers out it was EXCESS grease, not grease in general. Your body has to have some fat!!! For example...drain bacon really really well, and burgers. Nothing cooked in a lot of grease like deep fried foods though, because they soak up a load of grease. but smaller ammounts of natural oil and grease and fat is fine as far as I know. She eats pretty much whatever she wants now just like she used to, so I don't think that is a forever thing either, but the body needs time to adjust to the changes in digestion.

What were your symptoms?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Get to a naturopath, quick! Your insurance may even cover it. An ND will be able to help you SO much. Many of them deal with digestive things. I did not have gallbladder problems, but other serious issues....I got SOOOO much help from a good ND! And my insurance covered it the same as it covers MD's.

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
At first I thought I had a stomach flu. I had pains in my midsection; then vomiting. After a week of not eating, I finally went to the doctor. He sent me right to the hospital. They said the gall bladder was very inflamed and that there were large stones.

I don't eat fried food, so that part is easy. I don't eat much meat either, so that will be easy. But, for example, today I got a veggie sandwich at the deli and it came with chips. I tasted those chips ALL day. It's like they just wouldn't digest. I was queasy all day. I want to avoid that. I can't eat too many carbs either because I am a diabetic.

There's not much left for me to eat. :(

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I will have to check out the naturopath thing.

And, it's good to know that this may be temporary.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
chickenone said:
At first I thought I had a stomach flu. I had pains in my midsection; then vomiting. After a week of not eating, I finally went to the doctor. He sent me right to the hospital. They said the gall bladder was very inflamed and that there were large stones.

I don't eat fried food, so that part is easy. I don't eat much meat either, so that will be easy. But, for example, today I got a veggie sandwich at the deli and it came with chips. I tasted those chips ALL day. It's like they just wouldn't digest. I was queasy all day. I want to avoid that. I can't eat too many carbs either because I am a diabetic.

There's not much left for me to eat. :(
:( Try doing new things with the items you CAN eat. I love dried fruit, fruit juice, etc. etc. V8 type drinks would be good too....great now I'n craving one :lol: Um..lots of different things you can do though. Get you a dehydrator a juicer, and lots of seasonings. Experiment and find some new things you love. Turn the negative into a positive :) It's what I did with the salt/caffeine issues I have had in the recent past. Now I wouldn't go back to the way I used to eat for anything in the world! I can't even believe i put some of that stuff in my mouth :lol: