Hi from Northern Texas

Nardo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi,
My wife and I have an acre in Carrollton, Texas. She's from Dallas; I'm from New Orleans. We've got 3 grown kids, 7 grand-kids and 1 great-grandson.
We have four dogs, 3 indoor cats, 1 barn cat, and x number of chickens, depending. LOL.
We garden (flowers and veggies), make our own whatever, recycle, re-use and scrimp along.
I read anything and she is the social director. ;)
We have 66 acres in Hill Country and I am counting down the days until retirement. But work is on the horizon for another ten years, maybe.
Anyway, glad to be here and to learn some new stuff.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi Neighbor! We are on 8 acres in the Tyler area. We are retired, have 3 horses, 11 Sheep, 3 dogs, 2 feeder pigs, Muscovy ducks, and a bunch of chickens.

Welcome to the forum, this is a great bunch of folks.

Farmer Connie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
welcome wagon.gif

sSig_welcome4.gif
1163894-fa6c82b73dd5829fc6acafd6a2529984.gif

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Howdy from WI! I'm interested in your making/recycling/upcycling/skrimping activities. Please share!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. We are 70 miles north of you. Kinda new to this stuff but the site has been alot of help.

Nardo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wh
Howdy from WI! I'm interested in your making/recycling/upcycling/skrimping activities. Please share!
Where to start? I just about re-use anything until it has no life left in it. I built a greenhouse/chicken coop almost entirely from recycled goods. I'm not sure how to link here to another site: but maybe this will work: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/very-low-cost-but-tons-of-work-recycled-coop.67706/

I think that many of the names here I also see on BYC.

I am known for curb surfing; I built my workshop and organized my garage from things that others had cast away. I make steampunk lamps in my spare time, and the parts for these are mostly scrap iron, steel, metal from other uses. We have a church pew for a sitting bench in the living room that came free from a closed down church. My patio is encircled with wrought iron fencing that I scored when a metal shop closed down. I built my wife a hat/scarf hanger from the keys from her Grandma's old piano. The rest of the piano became a bar. I could go on and on.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see some of your projects and things you built from recycled materials! That hat/scarf hanger sounds interesting… and the lamps.

Latest posts