Hi... I'm new...

I HUG CHlCKENS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am new here! I want to be part of this community. My interests are: Chickens(I chose SS cuz I wanted to see more than just chickens) Diys, I am a HUGE NF fan & if you are too, id love to talk(please its like no one knows who he is!) I am LGBTQ (non-binary) and my pronouns are Them/They. I'm 14 & want to be self sufficient because my dad wants to & I think it sounds cool. Also random thing but if you have an injured chicken or duck talk to me. I'm good at that stuff. So yeah... BYE!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My interest in self-sufficiently started when I was a teen too. Believe it or not, that was wayyyyy before Youtube. ๐Ÿ˜‚ (I'm really not THAT old ๐Ÿ˜‚) You can learn about anything now!

What aspects of self-sufficiency appeal to you?

When I was your age I wanted to
Live on a farm
Have "tall, dark, and handsome" husband :gig
Be stay at home parent to two kids, homeschooled
Wanted a Jersey cow
A dog that "never knew what it was to be on a leash" ๐Ÿ˜‚
And to live "chemical free" ๐Ÿ™„

It took longer than I thought it would, but thats exactly how it turned out minus the Jersey cow.

I have no idea who NF is! Please share!

I HUG CHlCKENS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My interest in self-sufficiently started when I was a teen too. Believe it or not, that was wayyyyy before Youtube. ๐Ÿ˜‚ (I'm really not THAT old ๐Ÿ˜‚) You can learn about anything now!

What aspects of self-sufficiency appeal to you?

When I was your age I wanted to
Live on a farm
Have "tall, dark, and handsome" husband :gig
Be stay at home parent to two kids, homeschooled
Wanted a Jersey cow
A dog that "never knew what it was to be on a leash" ๐Ÿ˜‚
And to live "chemical free" ๐Ÿ™„

It took longer than I thought it would, but thats exactly how it turned out minus the Jersey cow.

I would want to be single or married but either no kids or adopted (I ain't dealing with child birth). I would want a few acres of land. I want a garden, a LOT of chickens(I have some) and they will have a large space with a playground and coop that they chose to be in. I want to bake and have solar panels for energy cost. I want a big pond for some ducks.

I HUG CHlCKENS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score

An american rapper who really help with my deppression.... he won't cuss or talk about dirty stuff or drugs. just his emotions

I HUG CHlCKENS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
And my goal wont be weird cuz i live in alabama

I HUG CHlCKENS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
This forum treasures teens and young adults who are interested in gaining skills. I love to see initiative, grit, and desire to try something new in young people. You will go far. ๐Ÿ˜
Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š

I HUG CHlCKENS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Sorry but I have to clean the house up for christmas... (my parents are buying me my first computer!!) Im using a computer from schrool that resticts like everything

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Do you have space to start practicing gardening? No joke, it took me like 10 years to learn how to start garden seed indoors. :gig

My son is 13 and he loves to bake. He is getting pretty good at it! Its just something to practice. Make mistakes, try again. I get down on myself about baking, but my mother-in-law (whose mother was an amazing baker!) always reminds me her mother had fat chickens and fat dogs from them eating all the baked goods that didnt turn out right. ๐Ÿ˜

A 4-H club would be a great way to gain skills. There are projects from cake decorating to tractor mechanics to building robots and gardening and showing poultry of course. Its a great way to try new things and see what you enjoy.