Hi Marie here

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Marie! Glad you joined the fun here! Lots of interesting topics and information here. What are you most interested in?
Anything that helps me to survive such as gardening tips, potted edible plants would be really useful as my garden is a huge problem. I'm always interested in food preservation cooking and last but not least alternative health.

I found on the food preservation that a good screw top bin is very useful to store fruit a veg, during cold spells really handy if you have very little storage areas. Trying to work out how to make racks inside my new fridge/bin. Any ideas? :)

Madhouse Pullet

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Good MOOrnin Marie! Glad you've joined :p
I had no idea you were from the UK! Totally awesome! Now, I'll be reading your posts with an accent. Hahaha
Like you, I'm hoping to get better at gardening :)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Marie, I'll not use straw in my garden. Here, in the states, it is most likely to be contaminated with glyphosphates or other herbicides. Some of the new generation herbicides can poison your soil for DECADES. If you see curled/crinkled leaves or lack of growth after using straw, that could be your problem. I believe @CrealCritter poisoned his garden when he used some contaminated compost or manure on a garden spot. Perhaps he'll weigh in. I use hay from a local farmer, and am actually pleased to see it loaded with weeds. In spite of my long standing experience with him, I ask him, every single season if he's haying any fields that have been herbicide treated.