Hillbilly Blood Show

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Was this a topic a while back? I couldn't find it if it was.

I watched three episodes of this yesterday and it cracked me up! Doomsday Prepper doesn't have anything on these guys. Anyone else watch it?

Best quote of the day from one episode:
They can call us poor, but they can't call us lazy.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't even heard of it. What channel is it on and where can I find it?

Andy J

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I watch it regularly on the Destination America channel on Dish Network.The show comes on Saturday nights,I believe at 8:00pm Central time.I think I've seen reruns on the Rural or RFD channel.It's a good program,IMHO.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They ruined it with the deer in a noose bullcrap. It was shot and then they hung it up. It was obvious and the shot was a poor shot to begin with.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's on the Destination America channel here, too - DESTAM

I did a google search about these guys. It used to be an hour segment called something like The Secrets of Mountain People. They pared it to a half hour show (the guys weren't happy) and changed the name.
Here's one link to Spencer's site: http://www.lotswild.com/2012/10/the-scoop-on-hillbilly-blood-tv-show.html

It might not be a perfect how to survive type show, but I have learned something from 3 of the 4 episodes I have watched. I didn't know pine sap could be used on a wound until then.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just watched a couple episodes of this show for the first time last night. Pretty interesting. I went to Spencer's site before posting this. I knew he was more educated than the show seems to want us to believe. Sometimes you can't hide smart, just like you can't hide stupid. Too bad the hour- long program with the format he wanted didn't pan out. I think it would have been better than the reality show format. I got a hoot out of them making kraut on one of the episodes. Why am I trying to be so clean and systematic with my kraut making, when apparently you can just hack up the cabbage with an old dirty machete on the picnic table? lol Making the applejack sounded good, tho. May have to try that!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, I just read Spencer Bolejack's profile statement on his website. Interesting guy. We've got cable TV and we can get a lot of American programming. We get the pawn guys, and the 'gator guys, the pickers, and the truckers. We don't get DESTAM, but I'm going to try to see if I can get some channel that carries the show. Self-reliance, country living, nature, DIY - sounds like the right stuff.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I saw an ad for it today, but don't know what channel hubby had on. :/

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It comes on another channel, besides DESTAM. I can't remember which I watched it on. May have been Nat Geo 2, or Science?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, it comes on channel 113 here, but I have no idea what channel that is. :lol: