Hillbilly Heaven....WV! :) Pics!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
WOW....I was surprised to see this old thread! That seems light years ago now, with a long journal written and discarded in between.

Time does move along, doesn't it? :)

Here it is two years later and I have had my ewes for a year and they were not Dorper but Katahdin/St. Croix cross. Added another Katahdin ewe bred to a Dorper and will be buying a Katahdin/Dorper ram lamb this summer....so it looks as if I will get my Dorpers after all.

I finally got bees only this spring. They are in a top bar hive we built from a plastic barrel and seem to be busy and thriving....I am checking to see their progress tonight and this will be the first time since releasing their queen. It should be interesting.

I have changed from raised bed to permanent beds that are hilled up rather than raised, with clover pathways. Added a perimeter fence and am trellising my maters on the fenceline.

I have learned so very much from this site that a post would never contain it and I have met so many wonderful people all across this land...right here on this site. How valuable this forum has been for me~as a sounding board for ideas, as a learning center, as a place to meet like-minded souls and know that I am not alone.

This forum has helped me through a great turning point in my life and I hope it has the same effect on others! :)