Holy cow! I shot a buck! ***PICS*** maybe graphic.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
this morning, the shooting time started at 6:06 AM, and I shot him at 6:45 AM. I had origanally thought he was a doe but when we found him we saw he was a small 5-pointer. (3x2 for those who hunt out west) He weighed in at 130 lbs. I shot him 4 times. Don't mind the sweatshirt, its my brothers.
PICS.

Eli_5Point3.jpg

Eli_5Point2.jpg

Eli_5Point.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wow ticks! That is just awesome!!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Flippin' awesome, man!!

Did you put the blood on your face on purpose? Some of my friends have a ritual where they mark themselves with their first kill (or first of the season, or whatever.) Your smudge reminded me of that.

I wonder how much meat you will get out of that.

Cassandra

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
Flippin' awesome, man!!

Did you put the blood on your face on purpose? Some of my friends have a ritual where they mark themselves with their first kill (or first of the season, or whatever.) Your smudge reminded me of that.

I wonder how much meat you will get out of that.

Cassandra
I put the blood on my face as a start of a new tradition, this is my second deer. I was wicked happy because, I thought doe, but when I went to put the finisher on its neck (it wasn't dead yet) i saw he had antlers.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess we should have said that prayer louder and a couple more times LOL. Good job Ticks. That was with a rifle or a bow?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Congrats!! It must be the day--hubby got one too!! So I know what you and I will be doing in a few days---butchering up some venison!!

Latest posts