Home auto maintenance...how many do it?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
jenna, that is a great story!!!! :) I loved it! :D My first car was a 68 Dodge Coronet(don't laugh, I worked all summer to earn the money for that car!) with a slant 6 also....got down and boogied when you pressed the pedal, didn't they?

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
jenna, that is a great story!!!! :) I loved it! :D My first car was a 68 Dodge Coronet(don't laugh, I worked all summer to earn the money for that car!) with a slant 6 also....got down and boogied when you pressed the pedal, didn't they?
OH HECK YEAH. Mine was a beater by the time I got it (1974, 6 months before I had a license) but I LURVED that car. It had all sorts of handy features - like those little wing windows. My door handle broke and so I had to reach in that wing window to get the thing open. The OTHER great feature it had was that I could remove the key while it was running. TALK about an eye-opener for passengers ("uh...here, could you hold these a sec")...and once I left it running outside my high school to run in to get something I'd forgotten in my locker and the starters from the football team were all standing around the car, scratching their heads at this car that was running without a key, when I got back, unlocked the door, smiled sweetly and sped away. (thankfully this was before the door handle broke!) :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Don't ya just love the old cars? If I had known they would be worth so much now, I wouldn't have sold it! :p