Homemade goat milking table.....

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My neighbors and I just got finished constructing this goat milking stand/table out of an old broken bed and scrap wood. Is this cool or what..... :cool:

friends2008001-2.jpg

friends2008002-2.jpg

friends2008003-1.jpg

Talk about one of a kind. :D

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That is darling! I bet you could sell those if you could replicate it with other bedsteads you may find. No two alike! I assume you milk from behind then? I always milked my sister's goats from the side, like a cow.

Really and truly one of a kind and very cute! Now paint it all one color for a custom-made look.... :lol:

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here is the milking table being demonstrated by our neighbors daughter.....

friends2008004-1.jpg

friends2008006-1.jpg

friends2008008.jpg

We were going to cut out a couple dowel rods to reach through but there was already enough space between them to reach through. Also the stool was big so the neighbor just reached over the side. It worked though, and everyone, even little Miracle, was happy with the outcome.

Tutter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What a cool idea! Good job! :)

Something came to me, looking at the demo. What if one used a pretty crib? The kind that the side slides down. I wonder if that would be the correct level for reaching in to milk easily.

Now you've got me thinking, as we have been putting off making a milk stand for our new goats until after the smoke. We got some Dwarves not long ago, which are a lot smaller than our other/usual goats, so it needs doing.

I'll show this to dh, thanks! :)

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tutter --- Your very welcome. One can do innumerable things with one little idea. I myself would like to have a taller one so that I could stand while milking. I have come across yet another twin bed frame so andother one of these may be in the works. :D

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
It seems that it would be easier if you took out a part of the side so you could stick your hand in with out going over the top and hurting your arms.

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ticks said:
It seems that it would be easier if you took out a part of the side so you could stick your hand in with out going over the top and hurting your arms.
There is room between the dowel rods to put our hands and arms. The neighbors daughter said it was comfortable for he to put her arms over the side.