1 t baking powder
1/4 t cinnamon
3 T unsalted chilled butter cut into small pieces
1/4 C oil
2 T honey
1 T molasses
1/4 C cold water
1 t vanilla extract

Blend together all dry ingredients in a bowl. With a pastry blender, food processor or your finger tips, work in the butter and oil until small even particles are formed. If you use a food processor the oil can also be chilled and the blade will break it up into small pieces. Otherwise the oil should be room temperature so that it is softer and can be worked by hand or with a pastry blender.

Mix together the honey, molasses, water and vanilla extract and sprinkle this mixture gradually into the dry ingredients, tossing with a fork until the liquid is evenly incorporated. Press the dough together into a ball. It may be crumbly, but do not add water. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for several hours or overnight.

Halve the dough. Let it soften for about 15 minutes. Roll the dough out to pie crust thickness. Prick the dough all over with a sharp tined fork and then cut into approximately 2.5" squares or cut with a biscuit cutter. Transfer to a parchment covered baking sheet with a spatula, placing them very close together, almost touching. Repeat the process with the remaining pieces of dough. Re-roll and cut the scraps.

Bake the crackers on the middle shelf of a preheated 350F oven for about 15 minutes or until browned (graham cracker color). If under baked the crackers will not develop either flavor or texture. Transfer from the parchment to a wire rack and let cool completely, then store in an airtight container. If the container is airtight these will keep for weeks.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have the taste for some graham crackers with pudding or ice cream in the center to make a sandwhich!

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Homemade Graham Crackers

1 1/4 C King Arthur whole wheat flour
What is special about this flour? I have been wanting to try a graham cracker, but in the huge list of "want to try" it hasn't made it to the top, if you know what I mean! ;)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Zenbirder said:
keljonma said:
Homemade Graham Crackers

1 1/4 C King Arthur whole wheat flour
What is special about this flour? I have been wanting to try a graham cracker, but in the huge list of "want to try" it hasn't made it to the top, if you know what I mean! ;)
Absolutely nothing special about the King Arthur whole wheat flour, Z. It's where I got the recipe.

I have edited the recipe to read 1 1/4 c whole wheat flour.