homemade noodle recipes please! :)

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have made noodles before but i didnt like them. they were like boiled flour strips... no taste. also i dont have a noodle-maker thing with the crank or anything like that. just my hands, wooden spoon, and the ole rollin pin (which is a super old wooden one that was my great aunt's so its about 50 years old).
anyone have any good recipes? making tips? cooking tips?
also i'd like to try to make ravioli and pirogi. are there different recipes for the noodle part? and where do i find recipes for fillings?
thanks!!! :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I make the recipe I posted on the first thread regularly. I have the pasta machine but no longer have a place that I can secure it to....so I roll it out with a rolling pin. It is actually faster this way than with the machine! I use my rolling pizza cutter to cut the noodles and drop them right into boiling water. Very yummy. Or I cut them wide, dry them a bit on cake racks, and make lasagna.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just use a pile of flour, egg(s), salt and water as needed to make a dough. Letting it rest is really important. One of the gals here suggested using different herbs, seasoning, etc in the noodles. Sounded like a good idea to me!

And welcome to SS, colepath!

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
some buddy posted recipes for noodles a while back but I didn't save them.. I have been wanting to make some too.. I have lots of duck eggs I need to use.

S

sunsaver

2 cups all purpose flour, 2 eggs, 2 yolks, 1tsp salt, enough water to make a stiff dough. wrap in plastic and refrigerate for one hour. Roll out with a rolling pin. Cut into strips. Dust with flour to avoid sticking. Boil in slightly salty water. Add to soups or serve with sauces. Enjoy!

Latest posts