HOORAY! I DID IT! Power Bill DOWN!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well I am thrilled, yippee, ya hoo, wa hoo and heck yeah!!!!! :weee

:bun

I did it. I have been working on getting the bill down and I did. By $35 this month.

Last year was $128.00 for October----last month was $118. ---so I put in CFLs about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have been careful and this month was $83.60!

Last month kwh was 50---this month 33.

I know 33 per day is not wonderful but I sure am working on it big time. I hope to hit 25 kwh per day! If I get there I sure will be doing good for this household..LOL

I can't believe I am under $100 for the month.....I thought like $20 would be great from $118 last month, but to be at $83 I am doing the happy dance. WHEW...now to continue doing better and better per month.

I made this a little personal challenge and by goodness I did it! Smiling here. Something good coming out of my work to reduce the bill......YIPPEE

(Can ya tell I am happy! :)

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ms. Chick i wish i could teach these knuckle heads i live with (mainly my kids) to turn off a light when they leave the room or see one on that is not in use. it would sure help my bill and how do i convince my wife to try remedies before rushing out to the store to get the most expensive chemical crap on the market?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
fortunately for me I work the farm at home now.....so I am around to follow Tony and my kid and turn things off......that helps alot..LOL

But ya know what, ya gotta want to live this way, you have to want to cut chemicals from the grocery list, you have to want to change over to a more user friendly way of living, etc. etc. etc.

The person does it for themselves ya know...and to help the environment.

Everyone has their wake up call and starts to jump on the bandwagon.

Chemical crap....have your wife read all the ingredient lists and dangerous warnings on each bottle of her chemical junk....maybe a way to wake up??? I did that and WOW, it surprised me the junk I bought. No more big time.

Everyone starts their own little way of changing over ya know.

For me this electric bill was a battle and I wanted to win big time...so I made it happen. Hmm...now to apply that killer instinct to all I do in life and I should win everything..HA HA

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Three cheers for the reaching of an SS goal for FarmerChick!!! :ya :ya :ya

Good example for us all!! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got the jumping looney looking smilies!
WOW
Thanks! COOL

LOL

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's awesome!!! I might have to try the same thing.

Congratulations :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks all

I took the electrical bill on cause it is a pet peeve of mine..LOL..challenge to come is December with the Christmas lights. UGH, I feel the pressure mounting already..HA HA