Hope this works! Update!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Many years ago, I took the hunter education class and got my license. I went hunting several times, but never got anything, didn't really have a clue as to what I was doing, but have always wanted to get back to it. I kept the card saying that I had passed the course in my wallet.

A few years ago, I was sick as a dog. Hubby insisted I go to the bank for him. I was so out of it, I left my hip pouch in the truck and didn't lock it. Normally for this area, it's not a problem. There's only 7 houses on the street, and next to me is the woods, so it's not a high crime area. But wouldn't you know it, someone got into my truck and got my pouch. The only things they stole were my visa mac card and my cash. They left my wallet and the pouch near the neighbor's house, so I did find that. And, of course, everything was scattered and some stuff blew away-including my card.

I've been wanting to get my license again and learn how to hunt for real. But, I can't find an old license, and no longer have the card. I thought I was going to have to take the class all over again.

I decided to check to see when they have classes offered, so went on line to check it out. And, I learned that they have records back to '72! They're not 100% complete, but I just might be able to get a duplicate card! So, I printed up the form, have it in an envelope, and will mail it out tomorrow. If I get it, I'm hoping to do some shooting and maybe go for spring turkey!

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good luck. Its probally different state to state but, my daughter lost her card and we were able to look it up online and print it out.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
If I had taken the test after 86, I would have no problem. But, they don't have all the records from B4 then. Eventually, I might want to get my bow license, too. I used to be a pretty good shot, but never hunted w/it.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear the "I got me a b'ar" stories!!!!

Stinks about the robbery, though.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Tell me about it. I had $70.00 of 4 H money in there. The funny thing though, when I called the bank to cancel the card, I found out they had already canceled it. They had had a breach in their security, and my card number was one that had been stolen. They had been going to call me to let me know. :lol:

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
terri9630 said:
Good luck. Its probally different state to state but, my daughter lost her card and we were able to look it up online and print it out.
ditto....Here in Ms. we can too........I teach the Hunter ed classes and atleast 10 times a year I have people calling or stopping me to ask how they can replace thiers........also our HE number is on our hunting license so the first time you purchase a license is the only time you ever have to give the number to get your license they can look you up in the system by your DL number..............call your state wildlife coservation office to see if they can instruct you on getting this information. or go to thier web site and browse to see if you can find it. sorry if you have already done these things,however thats the only advice I have:hu

Denim Deb

Reaction score
If they can find the info, then it's the same number every year. And, I think it's the same number on every license you get. (Guess I could check on my fishing license, and trail riding permit.) But, this is a system that was put into place after I got my initial license. The new system was put into place in 1986. We moved into this house in 1987, and I know I had a license after that, so I may be OK.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
education class to hunt?

huh

in NC we buy and gun and go in the woods

with a license permit to hunt of course

am I missing something here? lol

edited to say Tony has a lifetime hunt/fish with NC. Sportsmen license which includes it all. but he never had to take a class??

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Guess it depends on the state. But the idea is to make sure a person knows how to handle a gun, knows gun safety, won't just shoot at anything that moves, etc. You cannot get a license w/out it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that stinks lol
way easier in this state for sure