Hopefully an end to daylight wasting time in Europe soon

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hopefully, if they make this official next year, the US will follow suit :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They're talking about it here but that would move it along if you all changed it first!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree, Sumi!!! I can't STAND DST! It was implemented WAY back when but is simply no longer necessary. It's confusing and puts everyone way off a normal, natural schedule.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Good news and bad news...

"PAIN IN THE HOURS

Clocks to go forward a second time this week as landmark decision to be finalised in European Parliament

The EU Commission has recommended households put their clocks forward twice this year in order to balance the time zones across the continent.

This year, the EU Parliament voted to stop changing clocks after a public consultation revealed that 84 per cent of people wanted to end daylight savings.

Legislation has now been drawn up and must go through the process of being passed by the EU member states.

The final clock change will come on the last Sunday in March 2021.

But in order to get the timing right for 2021, the EU Commission has recommended households put their clocks forward twice this year in order to balance the time zones across the continent.

EU chiefs are expected to agree to this in a vote later today, April 1.

Our clocks will then have to go forward again later in the week."

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3932710/clocks-go-forward-again-landmark-decision-european-parliament/

I'm waiting to hear what they decided and what we're going to be doing now... If they voted to do this, our clocks will have to go forward AGAIN and we've only just changed back to summer time over the weekend.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@sumi Was that notice an April Fools joke?

(I am at work and do not go to links until I am home)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Good catch! ;)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I really hate April Fools Day. It's not funny, I just kind of find it like... why did they just waste all this time making stuff up? Lol.