HOT HOT and more HOT

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow
stifflying outside

very hot. near 100s

how about everyone else?

I have potted fancy flowers in containers. Those suckers are watered in the morning and dry out by early afternoon :) :)

how are you surviving? be careful out there. heat stroke time!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we reached 108 here (im being told 109 in nashville is todays record breaker) ive been LAZY! lots of fluids and going outside only to check on and refresh ice for the rabbits and top up the duck/goose pool...
this heat needs to break NOW...

its even wors in new england, while the heats not as bad, there dealing with high humidity and almost tripple digits...tripple YUCK!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel for everyone in the rest of the country. I don't care for the heat anymore and don't know how you all can breathe.

I won't say our high temp, that would be mean. I do highly recommend vacations over to Washington state to anyone sick of the heat, though.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yup we are supposed to get worse with the humidity being very high this weekend and in the 100s....they said recordbreakers are coming.

gonna be rough :rolleyes:

I ran out to the garage to get some meat to defrost for tomorrow. Opening that door and hitting that heat dead in the face is like hitting a hot firewall. whew

no wind either. not a ripple of a breeze.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm hiding in the house as much as possible. It's oppressive outside between the heat and the humidity. We have some errands to run in the morning, and as long as hubby's willing to swing by the farm on the way home so I can get my trash, he can take the truck all next week so he has AC coming home from work.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We've had 100s for a week or two now, although it's only 98 today. Combine that with smoke from all of our wildfires (Colorado) and gusty winds, and it's stifling here too. I water in the a.m. and p.m. My poor corn is wilted even with the extra water, and don't get me started about my newly-planted trees.

Have to wonder:
-if it's like this in June, what on earth will August be like?
-will this winter keep the hot temps going, or start early with a slam and keep on going
-more importantly, will the wildfires make it on to our property (closest is 30 miles away).

What a weird weather system.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
These are days I am GRATEFUL to work at a desk job!!

Its been 100+ here, we got a BURST of a storm this morning that only lasted 10 minutes. Thankfully we were south of the damaging part, which included 60+ mph winds and 1" hail.

DISGUSTING! I just hope it breaks and we get some rain soon, cause we sure need it! I'm debating still whether or not I'm going to try to work the horse tomorrow. I think I will, he needs it and I have time. We'll just do some easy work, and probably not for long.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We didn't get any of the hail (at least not that I saw), but we did get the winds. There's branches down all over the place.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Opposite here. It's been a sluggish, overcast, rainy May and June here. Rain and some overcast are not that uncommon here in April and May, but June usually opens up. Usually has a fair amount of sun. In Farenheit, we have not risen much above 75* or so at the hottest this past month (and when we did, it was coupled with humidity due to all the moisture the ground has absorbed recently).

Except for people living in places like Michigan, Minnesota, the Dakotas, and Alaska, a lot of Americans think Canadians all live in a pretty-well-year-round cool/cold country. That's not the case with a lot of southern Canada. We usually have mid-summer temps in the 90-102* range, from about 12:00-3:00 in the afternoon... and nights can be throw-the-blankets-and-sheets-off! But last couple years didn't really have that (so the corn we habitually plant didn't like our weather).

I don't know what will happen in mid summer this year. But nobody around here much liked June.

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Joel_BC said:
Opposite here. It's been a sluggish, overcast, rainy May and June here. Rain and some overcast are not that uncommon here in April and May, but June usually opens up. Usually has a fair amount of sun. In Farenheit, we have not risen much above 75* or so at the hottest this past month (and when we did, it was coupled with humidity due to all the moisture the ground has absorbed recently).

Except for people living in places like Michigan, Minnesota, the Dakotas, and Alaska, a lot of Americans think Canadians all live in a pretty-well-year-round cool/cold country. That's not the case with a lot of southern Canada. We usually have mid-summer temps in the 90-102* range, from about 12:00-3:00 in the afternoon... and nights can be throw-the-blankets-and-sheets-off! But last couple years didn't really have that (so the corn we habitually plant didn't like our weather).

I don't know what will happen in mid summer this year. But nobody around here much liked June.
Sounds like I'd like your June. Trade ya.

Latest posts