how about medications/antibiotics etc.

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
as i am putting together my multi-pack BOB, I am thinking about antibiotics, and other stuff. are the animal versions safe for humans? what kinds of dosages? Purely theoretical of course, not expecting y'all to be doctors... but if you are....

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Do a search on SurvivalBlog.com and you'll probably find the answers that you are looking for. There have been several articles written about the subject, and at least some input from an MD. They have discussed animal antibiotics as well as those for aquariums.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The fish industry has a monopoly on antibiotics, so those fish antibiotics (amoxicillin, tetracycline, etc.) are exactly what the doc gives you. I was given amoxicillin and looked at my store for dosage comparison, it was about half what the doc prescribed per pill.

We have, uhm, women who don't make wise choices (hint hint) come in and stock up on antibiotics. :/

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Thats interesting about the fish antibiotics, not so sure though i'd want to take them..! I guess if its the only game in town, and were really needed....
I'm more concerned about getting my thyroid precription filled in some sort of a longer term emergency.Since you can only get 90 days worth at the most, at one time at the drug store.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have taken fish drugs,,for strep type throat things,UTI..things like that,,they have worked.You just have to know which drug is for which illness.

Latest posts