How do I save the leftover Nacho Cheese from one of those big cans..

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question. But here it goes...

I went to a cheap store to buy food. I found a really yummy looking big (lil bigger than coffee can) can of Nacho Cheese.. Mmmmm Nachos we thought. But we havent opened it yet.. I need to know if there is a way we can split the can and store it to save some for later.. I was thinking about freezing, like others do with the huge cans of spaghetti sauce (spellings bad). Do you think this will work.. If not how long would it be good if kept in the fridge.. Of course kept in a different container..

Any ideas would be helpful..

There is 3 adults and 3 kids here.. If you cant store it. We will be eatting alot of nachos and chips and dip for awhile.. Then by the time it is gone. We would never want to see nachos again.. LOL :lol:

Alaska Animal Lover

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I use a food saver and vacuum seal it in small portions. I keep it in the freezer and microwave it as needed. It freezes just fine.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you.. I was hoping it could be frozen.. I told my hubby that there is no way we can eat it all before it would go bad.. Does it change its appearance or it flavor when frozen.. I know regular cheese when frozen kind of likes to fall apart when you go to grate it..

Alaska Animal Lover

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I never noticed any changes to mine after freezing, I'm not sure how much actual cheese is in it though, lol.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you very much.. I will have to try out freezing the extra.. It is worth a try. You can never learn if you dont try.. If it unfreezes and it is kind of funny. I will just call it a learning experience.. Instead of wasted food.. LOL.. . This is the first time buying one of those huge cans..

Latest posts