How Do You Organize the Inside of a Cargo Container For Storage?

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, we've cleared the area next to the barn, taken measurements for the truck that will bring it to us, and have started negotiating with a local cargo container supplier to rent one -- with luck, we can talk them into applying rental payments to the purchase price, if we decide we love it.

Just too much stuff, mostly in those Rubbermaid bins. I was thinking of something simple like just stacking the bins inside the container, when I said DUH, you'd have to move all the ones on top if you just HAD to get into the bottom one.

So, if you're a Rubbermaid bin addict like I am, and you store them in a cargo container, shed, unused room, or whatever, how have you organized them for easy access?

I think we're going to try this approach:

image5.jpg

image13.jpg

https://kelsey1224.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/diy-saturday-pvc-tote-storage-organizer/

I always did like my brothers' Tinkertoy sets when we were kids, so now I'll get to play with grown-up components of PVC pipe and fittings instead.

Please share how you solve the multiple bins accessible storage problem -- thanks!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wonder how much weight that frame would support? My bins weigh about 40 lbs each.

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wonder how much weight that frame would support? My bins weigh about 40 lbs each.

As I understand it, PVC comes in furniture grade (heavier use) and regular (lighter use). So I'll probably go with the furniture grade for peace of mind.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Beekissed is great at organising and storing stuff. She may have some ideas for you.

Latest posts