How many use and appreciate.......

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Family Cloth?

We do. Lots of money saved. Spetic appreciates us :lol:
No need to stock TP.

And no, it does not stink, so no wise cracks please.

And for the ladies, how about that other cloth?

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hmmm, never tried cloth as an alternative to tp!

Did use "glad rags" - cloth pads that snapped around your underpants. You can buy them at natural food co-ops - you sure can save a ton of money, not to mention the environmental advantages. I started using them after a friend who was sensitive to the chemicals in the paper pads used them.

Very easy, much much more comfortable. I used them in conjunction with sponges, which are also more comfortable, environmentally friendly, and cheaper, too.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
lalaland said:
hmmm, never tried cloth as an alternative to tp!

Did use "glad rags" - cloth pads that snapped around your underpants. You can buy them at natural food co-ops - you sure can save a ton of money, not to mention the environmental advantages. I started using them after a friend who was sensitive to the chemicals in the paper pads used them.

Very easy, much much more comfortable. I used them in conjunction with sponges, which are also more comfortable, environmentally friendly, and cheaper, too.
Are they not the best?
I bought handmade ones, and then made a pile of them.

Think about the cost savings over a lifetime, if paper sposies and tp are not used :ep

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Lotsa ladies here use cloth girly supplies, and a few use cloth tp (not me....I'd toss 'em in the toilet and have to fish them out again, I know I would!) But I LOOOOOVE my cotton flannel re-usables! Even if it somehow weren't environmental and cheap, I'd still use 'em.

There is a whole looooooong thread on this topic, check it out!

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
I love my planet but there are limits. :sick

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I understand completely, but some of us have to due to allergies :D

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Personally, I love my hysterectomy. :lol:

I don't know about the cloth TP, though. I can just see me trying to convince my non-SS partner on this one.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am completely impressed by those who are willing to take it that far. :clap

I am not there.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I love cloth! :D I make all my own.

Even my daughter who is 6 loves to use cloth instead of TP. and we save tons - we also do use tp now and then and for #2. Using the cloth saves tons of $$$ even just as a TP replacement for the girls. My daughter loves to use tons of paper, but if she has cloth she is happy with one square. :gig

I do need to make more, just been lazy - I was thinking of just buying the cheapo wash cloths at walmart and cutting them in halves or quarters...

Latest posts