How much do you pay for butter?

Catalina

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
If you buy butter at the grocery store, how much do you pay for a pound?

I stock up when ever it goes on sale and freeze it.

Today I paid - $2.07 for 1lb/4 quarter sticks.

What do you pay?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Albertsons has butter on sale for $1/lb right now. I get paid Monday and I am FILLING A CART!!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'll tell you tomorrow, hubby is going shopping. I'm not a sale shopper of butter, there's a small dairy I support up in Maine, I buy only their butter - and yes, it is delicious :) Last time I bought it it was $2.69 a pound.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
We purchase it from either my uncle, or my mom's friend, both are dairy farmers.

Can't remember how much it is, but its cheaper than grocery store price.
Want me to find out the price and hook you up with some? Your not too far away.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Last time we stocked up on butter, Meijer's had it, buy 10, get 11, 1lb packs for 10.00. We bought a sh!tload of it for that price!! :lol:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We pay $5 for a brick, which I think is a lb..?

I've actually paid as much as $6 for the kind that are split into 4 smaller sticks for easy use in baking, and the Stirling Creamery butter is about $6 and its not unsalted unfortunately.

Might as well add that Stirling Creamery is actually our local creamery, ... which doesn't have a storefront for some reason, the Creamery is in Stirling Village, and they sell their products out of the local Foodland and Value Mart stores.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just in case anyone thinks it important (I do) most supermarket brands of unsalted butter have an additive (don't remember the name) to make it more "butter-y" flavored. I prefer to buy unsalted butter; I also prefer to buy my butter without that additive. As organic butter is not in my price range, I buy butter from Trader Joe's, which is the only brand I have found without this additive. Because of this I cna't tell you how much it costs - as it is the only one within my parameters it is as much as it is, and that is what I pay. When I go to TJ's, about once every 6 weeks, I stock up, and freeze enough to last until the next trip.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
$8.00 for one small block of Irish Cream Butter. It taste awsome. Of course I am the only one that eats it. Everyone else in my house wants the "plastic" butter in the tub. For cooking purposes I buy a less expensive butter than the Irish Cream.

I really need to take the time to find a local butter source.

Funny, my 88 year old Mom piles that plastic stuff on everything. She is probably healther than all of us put together. LOL

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If anyone in my house wanted margarine in a tub they'd be buying it themselves!!! :th Of course that would never happen, my kids have never had anything but butter, my mother back 35 years ago used margarine in her home, when I moved into my own I switched because even way back then margarine just didn't make any sense to me.

I'll have to ask my son if he's still using butter - I don't know how his fiance is about food, I think she's with it, but I'm not sure.....

That Irish Cream butter has always intrigued me, they sell it at Trader Joe's, I'll have to try it someday!

By the way, the butter I buy is Kate's Butter, it's available in supermarkets around here, I buy it up in NH at Market Basket.