How things are going here...

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ahh with spring and summer comes a heck of a lot of work... We have the upper large field to fence in this year for Luna, build a run-in shed up at the top there, put the picket fence up at the house, divide up the bottom field into two large fields (about 1 acre each), put in the riding ring, and save up for a metal round-pen (Bridal Path Tack has a "hobby" one for $1600!! woot!).

And that doesn't even include the small jobs, slaughtering the 27 meat birds, finishing the duck house, finishing the chicken run, starting to put together cross-members/supporting pieces for the buck fencing for the goats for next year (we're spending the whole winter cutting and nailing those together so spring its just a quick throw em up type deal), installing the woodburner in the house, finishing the upstairs bathroom so I don't have to run downstairs and wake the dogs...Paint the fence out front, paint the porch posts, source out for vinyl board and batten for the wood part of the house... the list goes on! and on!

But I have photos so whatever XD

So in order to put up our new fencing we had to get rid of the death-trap driveshed that was just on the fenceline, or would be. Just our luck it would fall down on our newly put up fencing and wreck it LOL so we had a couple guys who wanted the barn board come and pull it down for us, and take the boards... we just have to do the rest of the clean-up now. Check this out, my flattened drive-shed! They just pulled it and it collapsed on itself..imagine if I had been in it and that had happened!

myflatteneddriveshed.jpg

Oh well, we can see right into the field now LOL

I made a start on the buck fencing in the field the other day, this little rise in the field is all rock underneath a small layer of soil, I know morel can understand how frustrating that could be! Well I figured..heck buck fencing would do the trick and I started cutting some of the old nasty stuff we had lying around in the field from the old temp round-pen. So far its looking great, I have about 150 ft to do, and I'm already done 30 ft in 2 days XD ALLLLL by myself I might add! Its nailed together, not wired.

buckfencing.jpg

And the poles for the rest of the field...

poles.jpg

So much to do eek

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW, ok, Im going to go take a nap....you wore me out! LOL
Looking good on the fence. I just love a good buckboard fence...DH wont have it! MEN!!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
So that is what that style of fencing is called...buck fence? It looks beautiful.

One question, what sized nail did you use?

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
So that is what that style of fencing is called...buck fence? It looks beautiful.

One question, what sized nail did you use?
For the supporting parts I used 8 inch nails, and to nail the boards on 6 inch... For a huge box (one box did our bottom field with 3 rails of regular cedar fence) its like $60-80 dollars but its well worth it.