How to freeze Duck eggs

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Lately I have been using some of my Duck eggs for baking. I had just been throwing them to chickens. However I now know they are good for baking. How do you freeze them? How long do they keep?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Break them into a small dish...they're too big for an ice cube tray, ask me how I know :lol: and then freeze them and pop them into a baggy once frozen. That's all I do with mine. I don't salt the yolk or anything with those, they're just going in breads anyways :hu

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Some people scramble them a little before freezing. Others don't bother. If they are going to be used in baking anyway, it shouldn't matter much.

You can also bake it in to stuff and freeze the baked goods. Of course, if your kitchen is as hot as mine right now, I can see how you would want to freeze the eggs and bake later.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
So basically I just crack em a put them into a baggy to freeze, correct?

When I bake with them how do I thaw them, just leave them out?

Thanks! :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
No, you freeze them in a small container, THEN transfer to a bag. You want to be able to grab one egg or 2 or whatever your recipe calls for without having to thaw out a whole bag of them. Silicone muffin tins would work since ice cube trays are too small.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
No, you freeze them in a small container, THEN transfer to a bag. You want to be able to grab one egg or 2 or whatever your recipe calls for without having to thaw out a whole bag of them. Silicone muffin tins would work since ice cube trays are too small.
Thanks!!

Latest posts