How To Oven Roast A Muscovy Duck..?

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm visiting my ailing dad for Christmas, and promised to roast him a Muscovy duck i will get from the farm i work on.I haven't had alot of luck finding a recipe online.
I've see some recipes that cook Muscovy breast,very few roasting the whole duck.I was hoping to find something with a cherry or orange type glaze.Anyone care to share a recipe for whole roasted Muscovy..?Or direct me to some good sources..thanks...

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I know I did so many minutes per pound. (but not sure how many) I did not pierce the skin, but I did salt it, and I stuffed the cavity with apples and onions, and sage. I put mine on the roasting tray you get with your oven --the one with slots so the fat can drip though, and covered with tin foil, breast side up. I took it out at an internal temp of 170, in the breast. While it was still 160F, I took off the tin foil to let the top brown up.
After you remove it from the oven,let it rest for half an hour I believe it was in the oven for two hours, and I it was a female duck, full grown, so you can estimate size.

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you Wifezilla and Miss_thenorth for you help, providing the links..I'm trying to get it together to cook a nice muscovy duck diner for my very ill father for Christmas.I still can't figure out what those stupid little faces & signs are all about the other two posters here were waving at me, not helpful at all...

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry, DuppyDo - that was my way of saying that I didn't know the answer, but was looking forward to reading the answers :)

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ahhh Bethanial, is that what that sign means/ says...? The print on it is so small, its impossible for me to read it. I'm not a icon kinda person...lol..Thanks you for explaining, now i know what it means.
I thought you all were poking fun at me, i was wrong...sorry..:)