How was your day?

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ours was a bit off because of doctor apts today. But we still managed to get a bit done. I am pushing the math. We have been taking to much time off lately (my fault) and are playing catch up a bit. We spent one day this week out working in the garden and orchard. My ds is in 3rd grade.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ive been cleaning the house. Ive rearranged some stuff in the kitchen and even though there is less open space it works better and nothing is in the way anymore. Turned my kitchen cart into an island. Now I need to get a couple stools and I can use it as a table as well.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hasn't been pleasant around here. I came down with a horrendous cold in spite of all the home remedies. First time I've been sick in almost 2 years. DH came home early as I was too sick to even lock up the hens.

Then our older boxer started having Grand Mal seizures. :hitTrip to the vet. Last trip to that vet. I hope she gets my cold.

Trip to KSU Veterinary School. Dog has brain tumor, now on anti-seizure medication that will eventually destroy his liver, but they hope the med will help control the growth rate of tumor.

And I remind myself that life does go on, some days are just harder than others.

Oh, crap, I just saw that this thread was in 'homeschooling'. :lol: My bad.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We'll let you slide this time, but don't do it again! :hide

Hope they're able to find something to help your dog. :hugs

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's ok, it doesn't appear that anyone did.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well no matter where it's posted - I'm sorry you're feeling poorly and so very sorry about your dog!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So sorry you are sick. It sucks to be sick when it is a once in 2-4 year event. It seems all the furies of illness gang up on you to make up for all the years you've been healthy.

Wow, your poor dog. There is no get well card for brain tumors. You just have to do the best you can for your dog. I am so sorry. :hugs

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks, I was sick for three flipping weeks, so I have to agree with you.
Dog is better, the post seizure recovery took a lot longer than I thought it would. He still trips over nothing, but at least he's more like his old self. Brain tumor is most likely from cancer since he's a boxer and they're prone to cancers. But it'd cost 2K for the MRI and the treatment would be the same. So he's getting primarily home made food and I order nutritional yeast, kelp to add to the chow. You know how it goes. It may or may not help, but maybe it will buy him another week, month or something.

Latest posts