Hubby Won't Touch Apple Cider Vinegar, Says It Makes Him Gag

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On the ACV- my grandmother used to take it daily, back in the 70's, in a small glass of hot water, mixed with a Tb of molasses. I finally tried that concoction back in 2014. I had a horrible reaction to the ACV with the mother. After 1 week, I started getting severe skin rashes. Groin, under breast, armpits, yeast infection. Nothing helped them. Then I made the connection that it might just be the ACV. I stopped taking it, and treated the rashes with rinses of thyme and rosemary. It still took 3 months to clear them all up.

Fast forward-2017- diabetes 2 Dx. In my researching for what supplements help for glucose, one came up as ACV. Well, no way was I going to go down that road again. So I kept reading. There is now such a thing as ACV capsules. I take them with no reaction. When I do take them, say after a bigger meal..they seem to really help towards lowering the glucose. And no weird taste like the liquid version.

Turmeric on the other hand....I am still working on that one.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have some capsules too...but haven't found out the right amount that helps with glucose. I also bought the powder. About a lb worth. THAT....I will need to cook up into something. I am thinking Jamaican Beef Patties :drool

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do ya'll have a preferred brand in tablets?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have to admit that I cannot drink ACV. No way, no how. I cook with it all the time, but to add it to water, take a shot or anything else is a no-go. If I do get it down, it comes right back up.
I take a swig of pickle juice every morning instead. I figure at least I am getting something fermented, with a lot of micro and macro nutrients. I don't use much salt when I cook, so the high salt content shouldn't be too bad for me. I used to get really bad cravings for French fries - I realized that it was just a craving for salt since I don't use much salt at all. Since I started with the pickle juice, no more French fry cravings, lol!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm not wild about ACV either… I bought a bottle weeks ago and it's sitting in the cupboard, unopened. I take spirulina in the mornings, when I remember to, for a shot of nutrients. Good stuff and in pill form, I can live with the odd taste.