Hubby's gone--I'm cleaning house

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Okay, with dh gone for the week, I am going to declutter the whole house. I am NOT clutter collector, but dh hates to throw things away. So with him out of the way, I plan on cleaning out all the junk that has accumulated.

I will be thinking of him while I do this, and if it has importance of any sort, or if I know it is something that is important to him, I will put it in a box to be stored (to see if he misses it) If not--out it goes.

So, in the spirit of baby steps, I am doing one room a day-starting with the laundry room tomorrow.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate (with being yucky, so I won't be tempted to spend my time outside.) I will re-use, recycle what I can, but the rest is getting tossed.

Okay--now that I said it--I hafta do it, right?? :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am into de-clutter big time. Over the last few years I have gotten rid of so much STUFF. Stuff drives me insane...LOL

you will be so much lighter (mentally) after you do it..HA HA...I always am! I am tackling every drawer in the house now. If I haven't touched it in 6 mos. it is gone. Poor Tony wonders where his stuff goes..HA HA

good deal! go for it! :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I am into de-clutter big time. Over the last few years I have gotten rid of so much STUFF. Stuff drives me insane...LOL

you will be so much lighter (mentally) after you do it..HA HA...I always am! I am tackling every drawer in the house now. If I haven't touched it in 6 mos. it is gone. Poor Tony wonders where his stuff goes..HA HA

good deal! go for it! :)
that's why I plan on doing it this week. All closets, cupboards and storage units will get attacked. He saves running shoes that have worn out--saying he might use them if he plans on getting dirty, so they sit in the closet and he forgets about them so doesn't use them

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Laundry room done. Tomorrow master bathroom--that should be fun (not)

At least the weather was yucky today--made it easier.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh my !! shoes and boots for Tony too.
"I might need those old ones later"---please...if they have holes what good are they in the muck on the farm ya know.....I just make them disappear when he ain't looking..HA HA

KeyPenCoop

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
:ep WOW!!! So that's why she's letting me go with my bro for the week next week............not happening---I aint goin' nowhere after reading this ;)

Thanks for the 'heads up', girls :cool:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Welcome Keypen!, and he's been back a week, and hasn't missed a darn thing. Go on your hunting trip!!!!
:woot

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Welcome Keypen!, and he's been back a week, and hasn't missed a darn thing. Go on your hunting trip!!!!
:woot
RTOFL!!!!!!!! OH that is funny!

Dh and I take turns de-cluttering. We don't try to collect clutter, but sometimes it just happens because we forgot we had something that we stored away in a tote tub or something.

So about 2-3 times a year we go through the entire house and I tell him, if I forgot I had it, I didn't miss it, send it out. :D

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I threw out a pair of hikers (worn out) that had come through two moves. From Iroquois Falls, to LaSalle, to here. Not been worn since I.F. In garbage--not missed. :barnie

Work gloves with a finger missing-sadly he was still wearing them. Gone!!! He hasn't missed it yet--I did put a newer pair of gloves in the cubby where the old pair was. My question is why???!!! Why keep things like that?????