HUNTING

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:p , I am first. LOL
Anyway, I hunt with a 30.06, with a scope. My father has hunted with this gun for many many years. I was tickled that he gave it to me.
I also have a shotgun for birds. I am not to fond of bird hunting tho. My husband doesnt like taking me either. It may have something to do with the fact that he was in the way of my shot at a bird, :rolleyes:

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't know if that is bad or not. Doesn't sound good.
I have a 20 gauge shot gun.No scope. Just sites. I had to get my own. Dad got rid of his years ago. I don't hunt birds. I leave that to DH and DD.
Waiting on deer season to open.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didnt mean to shoot at him. He wasnt hurt. I have a hard time seeing the birds, that is why I dont really like going.
Deer hunting tho, that I do like. I dont know if it is the sitting in the blind relaxing or the actual shooting part I like. Maybe it doesnt matter. I usually get my deer.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I actually don't hunt. Don't like it and despise killing critters, but when Tony comes home with something, I don't mind blood and guts etc. at all....go figure????

Rarely shot a gun but don't get in my way when I have my BB rifle handy. I pump to 10 and shoot dogs in the butt to get them out of the pasture and such..HA HA--I can shoot but don't care to get truly involved with guns. But would if I had to learn more fast!

Tony has about 7 rifles and I can't tell you a lick about them. No interest in guns but he sure loves hunting.

Now fishing, I can relate there. Love it!

You go all you hunting ladies!!!!!!!!!!

ldburton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I haven't been hunting in years but I'm not a bad shot. Really impressed my gun crazy son (who knows all about guns) when I got my concealed weapons permit. I don't carry one but I'm still shopping. Not necessary but want to be able to if I choose to.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like fishing too. I even bait my own line :rolleyes: !
We ice fish on a certain lake here. I was paying no attention to my line (I was filling my face) when I felt this hard tug. I turned back and started reeling in. Lo and behold I had a whopper of a walleye on. I was very excited. I told my husband smugly....."see, if you dont care about wether you catch any fish you will always catch fish"......made sense to me at the time.
I reeled the fish up to and into the hole. As I was pulling the fish out of the hole, he made one last ditch effort to get away. My husband lunges across the iceshanty, thrusts his arm into the hole and grabs the fish. AND every one of barbs on the dorsal fin stuck his hand. He was bleeding badly as he tossed the fish into the corner. We were done for the day. 5 bandages later......

Who caught the fish?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Only hunting I do is shooting squirrels with my sons BB...dang things get up in the attic and everywhere else all winter...so I try to depopulate them before winter comes...but I would love to try moose hunting one of these days

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL funny story roosmom!
who caught the fish? I am not sure! HA HA
usually it is the one that lands him..HA HA

tried ice fishing one time in NH. Whew, cold adventure and didn't catch anything! :(

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin, did you know squirrels are supposed to be good tasting? Let me know :)
You better be prepared for a lot of processing if you do shoot a moose :D.
Dont they come into your backyard?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morel
a squirrel is one step from a big rat to me..HA HA...de-populate away! :)