I am in love with my crock-pot!

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just wanted to mention that I bought a crock-pot 2 weeks ago, after someone (patandchickens I think?) suggested it in one of my postings. What a great suggestion that was! I've only made 2 recipes with it so far, vegetarian chili and vegetarian Irish stew and wow! Both came out so good, and I love that a recipe makes enough for 2-3 meals. It's really made life easier, and both meals have been so cheap, I think the only ingredient I've needed to buy is cans of beans for both recipes. Anyway, to anyone who's looking for an easier way to prepare healthy, easy, affordable meals, a crock-pot seems to be the way to go!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I use mine more during warmer weather as it does not heat up my kitchen as much as the stove or oven. And it is great for saving time with homeschooling too & getting supper on the table. And not to mention how much money we save using it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
congrats on loving your crockpot.
it makes wonderful homemade soups!
you can bake bread in it...I googled some new bread recipes and found one that is for the crockpot, can you imagine...LOL-LOL

so make some bread too!

I use mine more in winter also cause it seems to be the type of heavier foods I eat in the wintertime. Soups, stews, heavy meat with veggie meals....Yummy

have fun experimenting and the "no cooking" is a great benefit!!! :)