I am ticked....well....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
just frustrated.

THEY got me on another product.

Dollar store had Palmolive in 64 oz for $3. cheapest of the best soaps I can find. bought quantity of them. BUT I only have 8 left under the sink and went to buy more. going to buy like 15 or so. NOT !! :lol:

THEY GOT ME. NOW 54 oz is $3. Poo, poo and more poo.

sign of the times. they finally sold out those 64 oz and I bet they are gone forever down to 54 oz now.

just pissing along my frustration at life to ya'll since I know you all understand HAHA

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One of the problems I find with buying in quantity is that by the time you need to get more the price has jumped significantly. Had you only bought 2 bars of that soap, when you went back for more the price would only have risen a tiny bit, if at all, and you might not have even noticed. By buying lots you gave them more time to raise the price higher. You are most likely still ahead of the game though, as you were able put off buying new for quite awhile ;). I know that I still get upset when I see the price of sugar; I bought so much of it at 20c/lb that I find it outrageous now that it is 60 or 70c/lb. I was able to avoid seeing the price hikes for several years, and it was really shocking how it had jumped. (I try not to use much, but DH has a sweet tooth :rolleyes:)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea that is true. buy quantity at one price, go back and get a slap in the face LOL I hear ya.

I have seen tons of packaging shrinking on products. I just hoped this product was immune :lol: but it wasn't

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I see it all the time as I do check sizes and pricing.. shampoo and conditioner that I like was normally $2.99 price went down to $2.79 I was excited then got the bottle home to see it was smaller than last bottle I bought.. :( 12oz to 10.1..
And was so excited that our local Savealot started selling Zote soap!! $1.59 a bar.. then it went on sale for $1.19 a bar.. I bought 6! went back to add more to my stash to find out that they not only sold out but they are not gonna carry them anymore.. He didn't think they sold well.. I said.. "there were here for only 3 months and they are now all gone and you don't think they sold well?" then he said that mainly the migrant workers bought it and they won't be around soon and won't be back till next year.. I wanted to choke him.. At least I have enuf for a few years worth of laundry soap. 8 bars should last at least 4 years or so(I hope).

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I always stock up on the deals.Got 12 packs of toilet paper for $5 instead of $10. Got deoderants for $1 instead of $4.Lol, I remember my kids embarrassment when I bought up all 6 of the solar/crank powered flashlights.Got them for $4(or was it $3?) instead of $14.Great gift and they HAVE come in handy.Don't always have batteries for the other stuff.

If you have a harbor frieght in the area you can get good deals using their 20% off coupon,plus they always have a coupon for something free like..screw drivers,tape measure,flashlight,or scissors.

I hate how packages are getting smaller AND the price is going up. I have had a few times where I needd to use a credit card just to get some basic food items.Time to rebudget.

One thing I really miss from the dollar store was once they had PURE olive oil soap.We are talking the huge bars that usually sell for $3. I wish those would crop up.Big lots and Aldi's are good for deals.Just gotta check those expi dates.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dollar Store and Aldi's shopping is new to hubby and me. But I'm jotting down who has the cheaper prices on certain items!!

Our local grocery store doesn't take coupons anymore (what's up with that???), but most of the stuff I buy never has a coupon anyway. So it's stock up, stock up when it's on sale.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my local hyvee has been having laundry soap for 5 for $10.00 so i buy 5-10 each time.

what i realy hate is when you look at an item and notice that the price has gone up a little, only to look at the weight and it has gone down! dog food is a great example. for the stray dogs we but the cheapest dog food possable- it was $5.00 for 15lbs, now it is $6.00 for 13lbs.