I can answer your baking questions! Let share fun recipes!

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Alright! I can answer any questions you have concerning baking and cooking! We can also are fun recipes on this thread! Here is the first one-
The full link- https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/blueberry-oatmeal-muffins/

And the ingreiednts copy and pasted, enjoy!-
  • 1 cup (240ml) milk
  • 1 cup (80g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats
  • 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
  • 1/2 cup (120ml) honey
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (190g) fresh or frozen blueberries (see note if using frozen)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good protein muffin recipe? all the ones I've tried beside Kodiak Cakes have been really bad...
Can you share the bad recipes with us? I need to bake "cupcakes" for my kids' breakfasts. I need to use zucchini. DS14 wants to mix shredded apple with the zucchini instead of adding sugar.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I tried baking my sqiash cubes to carmelize. No evidence they are carmelizing, but some are getting hard so I pulled them out of the oven. I'm extra skeptical of the recipe now! 🤣 might try it this afternoon, but someone tell me how to puree these chunks without adding liquid? The recipe seems so off! Does his almond butter have sugar added? Does he know most limited ingredient keto foods are just awful? Maybe his taste buds are waaaay off?

Keeping my expectations low. 😅

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Uff dah. Well, I mixed it up and thought "there is no way this runny batter will set up as cookies"

I added flour and forgot to add nuts.

They look okay but are bland and a little too crumbly.

The cookbook is supposed to be healthier foods so I think some of their substitutions made it "off". These are for my kids so I'm going to look up a normal oatmeal cookie recipe with butter and sugar and add the fruit and nuts to it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Mmmmm, keto cheesecake!

I think this recipe below is diabetic-friendly if you use Swerve. Its the only decent keto-friendly cookie I've found. I like them best as a jam thumbprint with homemade no sugar added jam.

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you can master keto baking, people pay ridiculous prices for that stuff. Maybe a little side business? Keto baking ingredients are fickle and difficult to work with, but I think you have the ability to figure out how it all works.
I have a "small business" with baking cakes for people. I bake a lot of birthday cakes, and my first wedding cake a little bit ago! I do it all Organic, all natural and as non-GMO as I can. I NEVER use unnatural food dies. I only use the natural ones, and before I knew they existed, it was a lot harder to die foods when you have to use beets! I love baking, and maybe I will look into vegan, and all of that!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Country Homesteaders recipe reminds me of one we used to make way back when I was in high school.
Graham cracker crust
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 container cool whip
1 small can pink lemonade

Mix everything up and put in the pie crust...refrigerate until firm....eat and go into diabetic coma! LOL! Definitely NOT organic or natural lol....but I remember it as a good 'break-up' pie back in the day.

Last edited: